Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Great bass bait colors!

Great bass bait colors!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Great bass bait colors! on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:06 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
This fellow can paint baits really good.  I've never seen a long skinny Bluegill, but it might just really trigger a strike from Mr. bass.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Bobber
Bobber
Those look good. If I was a fish I'd eat them

3 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:20 am

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
Very nice indeed!

4 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:29 am

nice colors on the baits indeed , being a stick bait , it would not matter on the shape of the lure .. Twitch , Twitch pause and Boom ! I have been on a bluegill pattern crank bait bite on and off for the last month  Thumbs Up 

5 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:23 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
When I go out with my Bluegill buddies on their boats at Perris and fish for Bluegill and Redears, every once in a while we will see a giant bass make a pass at our fish just as we are lifting them out of the water. One time a large bass grabbed the Bluegill and I let it run with it, hoping I could hook the bass, but it got off, and I got back a beat up Bluegill!

6 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:27 pm

dlobo

Bobber
Bobber
Lol, I had that happen once at SFD. I was reeling in a very small blue gill that somehow got on the hook waaaaayyy out there and all the sudden the line went ca-tunk. Pulled up a two foot long catfish.

7 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Jerdon

Komori,

Somebody you know making these?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

8 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
Jerdon, I sent you a PM...

9 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm

@Komori wrote:When I go out with my Bluegill buddies on their boats at Perris and fish for Bluegill and Redears, every once in a while we will see a giant bass make a pass at our fish just as we are lifting them out of the water.  One time a large bass grabbed the Bluegill and I let it run with it, hoping I could hook the bass, but it got off, and I got back a beat up Bluegill!

Nice I see that a lot as well , I had a huge Bass last year do that came outta no where , hit a 8" gill on my line , totally stunned the gill , knocked it off my line and I watched her swim away with the gill in her mouth .. someone got a nice bluegill dinner .. not me  lol! 

10 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Bassturd

Newby
Newby
Are bluegill good fish to eat? I've heard they are really boney

11 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:18 am

@Bassturd wrote:Are bluegill good fish to eat? I've heard they are really boney

They are very good to eat , Redear are very tasty as well . they have very sweet meat to myself and no strong fish order like a lot of other speices . Just only take a few what you can eat or are sharing with the family , and release all others . the fish in the 7-9" range seem to be fine . release anything bigger as they got that big for a reason and they will pass on some good genes to future off spring . escpecially the males !

I have 0 problems with bones and that is because I Filet all my Panfish ..  first day I gut them and rinse them , put them in the fridge for a day or cooler on ice either way you prefer. just chill them   and filet away later on kind of just like this , very easy and NO BONES !

12 Re: Great bass bait colors! on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:09 am

Jerdon

Great tip Wes!
I used to take my kids to LP and catch Blue Gill and Trout off the docks along the dam. Very tasty!!

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum