The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Need some help adding a few fish to the tournament list.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:57 pm

by jeffcpr Yesterday at 1:57 pm

» Thinking of buying a pontoon boat
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:32 am

» 2018 Float Tube Tournament Series Official Rules
by jeffcpr Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 pm

» Funky waders
by SP Dan Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:05 pm

» Music is your special friend
by jeffcpr Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 pm

» January's Tournament Changes!!
by jeffcpr Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Newport Harbor
by SP Dan Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 am

» Perris Lake
by GT Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 am

» Some stuff I got in trade
by Master Baiter Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 am

» Some pretty Awesome Decorative pieces
by Master Baiter Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » New Fish Finder Recommendations

New Fish Finder Recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Fish Finder Recommendations on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Subwithavocado

Newby
Newby
Any recommendations for a fish finder? Many thanks for some suggestions.

2 Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:27 pm

sumguyx103

Newby
Newby
yea i would like to know also... im thinkin about the lowrance 4x-hdi... would also like to know wat everyone is using...

3 Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Bobber
Bobber
Lol, not gonna lie, I ha126ve been thinking about this too. I was thinking Huminnbird piranamax 175. I'm looking for budget and that seems best bang for the buck. I read a lot of reviews and all except 2 or 3 loved it. Would require a little mount modification. But that would be fun to build.

4 Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:28 am

Jerdon

I'm interested in what works from those who use fishfinders as well. The Hummingbird 120 looks good to me because of the ease of installation and the forward searching feature.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

5 Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:55 am

Casting Call

Bobber
Bobber
I have a Piranahmax 170. Its cheap and it tells me what I need to know! I primarily use it to see the depth and to look for bigger fish. But I think its broken or something because I never catch anything big..lol

6 Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 am

Mikeotunakiller

Bobber
Bobber
That's the one I was thinking of getting. I heard it's pretty user friendly. Is it pretty accurate with depth and structure? I figure if it can show me those things then, I can do the rest with finding fish.

7 Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:20 am

Casting Call

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That's the one I was thinking of getting.  I heard it's pretty user friendly.  Is it pretty accurate with depth and structure? I figure if it can show me those things then, I can do the rest with finding fish.

Its very user friendly. Its pretty accurate with the depth and contours of the bottom. With structure, yeah, Ive gone over sunken logs/stumps in shallow water and I see it on the FF.
For floating, I think all the bells and whistles on more expensive FFers are a waste of money, unless you have it on a boat where you can really take advantage of all the extras.

8 Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 am

Mikeotunakiller

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That's the one I was thinking of getting.  I heard it's pretty user friendly.  Is it pretty accurate with depth and structure? I figure if it can show me those things then, I can do the rest with finding fish.

Its very user friendly. Its pretty accurate with the depth and contours of the bottom. With structure, yeah, Ive gone over sunken logs/stumps in shallow water and I see it on the FF.
For floating, I think all the bells and whistles on more expensive FFers are a waste of money, unless you have it on a boat where you can really take advantage of all the extras.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Then I know which one I'll be getting lol. It had good reviews on site, but it's nice to talk to someone that actually uses it.

9 Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:53 am

I have the Humminbird PiranhaMAX 175 Fish Finder and it is all I will need for the time being . The dual Beam sonar will help a ton and spread that range out not just looking straight down but to the sides as well.

Remember We use the Fish Finder to Find Structure and check out bottom contour .  We may not always see Fish marked on the screen and that does not mater , a fish finder can give you false marks and you don't want to base your whole day of fishing off of fish marks ! FIND THE STRUCTURE AND FIND THE FISH !

If you search the website you will find there is a ton of information on different Fish finders and powering options and awesome mounting ideas . I think one of our sponsor's http://www.floattubefanatics.com/  has one of the easiest mounts to get anyone started , especially if you don't have the know how or time to build one  Thumbs Up 

WES

10 Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:41 am

Mikeotunakiller

Bobber
Bobber
Thanks Wes for the knowledge.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum