» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:13 pm

» CastMate Systems V2.0 Rod Holder
by filippodg Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by mthaubs Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:55 pm

» Report from Great Alma Fishing Float on the Mississippi River
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 pm

» Canyon Lake float tubing for general public?
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » Rocky Mountain Hi!

Rocky Mountain Hi!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:46 am

Catman1979

Bobber
Bobber
Well I wanted to introduce myself formally. I have been lookin’ this site over while at work all week and I am very happy to be a member. It is also very nostalgic to me, since I grew up in SoCal, I love seeing all the fish the salt and fresh cats are catching. I started at the age of two and never looked back. I grew up in Glendora mostly, and fished salt for a little over a decade on a boat named the SS Aquarius out of Port Hueneme. With salt, it was usually yellow tail and halibut, with some white fish and sculpin thrown in during winter. When fishing fresh water it was usually Sante Fe, Puddingstone, Pyramid, Elsinore, and finally Lake Isabella. Channel cats where more often than not the target, and still is my favorite target species thanks to what my dad taught me.

I moved to Colorado about nine years ago. I just couldn’t take the conditions anymore (traffic/cost/crime).

I love it here, but Cali will always be my home, I miss the ocean like you can’t even imagine.

Now, I contribute to the main fishing site in the state, writing articles and making the occasional short film. I also hand carve and paint crank baits when I am frozen in the winter and not fishing the rivers. Find my work on the link in my signature, or check out these:

Film Shorts: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fish Explorer Bio: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If anybody needs information in regards to future Colorado vacations let me know! From best fishing to lodging, I will square yeah up!

Now time to shut up and go fish,
Buck

2 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:48 am

Jerdon

Welcome!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:25 am

Fishingdachronarch201E7

Welcome catman!!!!!.....nice intro!.....youll enjoy this site and peeps..... Thumbs Up 

Tony g

4 HA! I was first on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:19 am

dangly

Newby
Newby
Catman,
welcome to the sight, nice to see a fellow CO guy on here, I've been trying to meet more of the fishexporer Tubers, so we can get a plan of attack together to fish new spots this year, since the floods whacked so many stand-buys. I fished with pikeNcolorado on monday 3/24,
He's a very cool guy.
Hit me up on fish explorer or here and I will give you some spots to tube, maybe we can trade info ( like e-mail addresses), I don't want to do it on Fish explorer, because of the local troll population.
if your open to this let me know.

5 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:10 am

Nice Write up and let me say Welcome to the float tube fishing forum , you have found a great group of people that all share the same passion in fishing from a Tube / Pontoon . I hope your able to find some people up in Colorado that you can meet up with and share some fishing adventures with.

Its cool that you used to fish down here in southern California .. lake Elsinore is on my list to do soon, also to boat my first kitty from the tube  Thumbs Up 

Remember to post up some reports and pictures we all love to hear about them fishing trips where ever they maybe ..

WES

6 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:27 pm

Catman1979

Bobber
Bobber
Dangly! What a sight for sore eyes, didn't know you were on here!!! Yeah just PM me here or email me through the skipper link. Yeah, haven't fished with 'ol Pike but he seems like a solid dude. Yeah this forum is nuthin' like the odd crap we have to deal with, everybody is chill over here...

Thanks guys! Misfitdog, if you ever get a chance try to go camping at Lake Isabella. Aside from the ocean, I miss that place the most. Some of the best fishing in SoCal if you ask me!

7 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Wyu

Bobber
Bobber
Welcome Catman1979... I agree lake Isabella is fun and they have their annual fishing derby coming up too

8 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:34 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
Welcome CATMAN. Good to see several new members on board. Y'all have found the spot. Everyone here is cool as can be and most certainly have pointers and stories to share.

9 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:38 pm

Catman1979

Bobber
Bobber
Oh yeah, that was my baby! Now I am gettin' all nostalgic!

Here is a shot of Isabella, I think in '95...

And me in my dad's boat off of Huntington Beach when I was much younger.

Never did do a derby there, mostly cat fishing and runnin' from snakes Smile

10 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Catman1979

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Welcome CATMAN. Good to see several new members on board. Y'all have found the spot. Everyone here is cool as can be and most certainly have pointers and stories to share.

Ha! Yeah Fatboy your comments on threads have been crackin' me up.

Still blows my mind how cool it is here, the site(s) we have in Colorado are filled with drama. It's a nice change...

11 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:49 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Welcome CATMAN. Good to see several new members on board. Y'all have found the spot. Everyone here is cool as can be and most certainly have pointers and stories to share.

Ha! Yeah Fatboy your comments on threads have been crackin' me up.

Still blows my mind how cool it is here, the site(s) we have in Colorado are filled with drama. It's a nice change...

LOL.... This is the spot. Everyone is dope on the forum and even more down to earth when you meet them in person. I have made some great fishing buddies off this site. Feels like home. Im from Hacienda Heights, CA so you weren't to far from me and we hit the same spots. Santa Fe Dam has been my home lake. Very fishy....

12 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Catman1979

Bobber
Bobber
Huh, didn't know it was still fishing good. Seemed to slow down over the years but I also wasn't in a float. I can see a float bein' nasty there!

One of my "hero" moments to this day, was the day I caught well over a hundred bluegill there on a bamboo pole. I was pretty little at the time, but I remember bragging about that to all the kids at school hahaha.

13 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:58 am

Master Baiter

Junior
Junior
Welcome to the forum Catman.
Glad u found us.
Best forum around

14 Re: Rocky Mountain Hi! on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 am

Catman1979

Bobber
Bobber
Fish'sBane wrote:Welcome to the forum Catman.
Glad u found us.
Best forum around

Thanks man! Still workin' on gettin' some more Colorado cats on here.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum