Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Fool's Bait Company...3 halibut in 30 minutes!

Fool's Bait Company...3 halibut in 30 minutes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jmericle

Junior
Junior
I want to highlight Fool's Bait Company for a minute here.  So, I went fishing off of the rocks yesterday morning in the LBC and I was using the drop shot Fool's Bait in smoking shad color [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I caught 3 short halibut in 30 mintues and the first 2 fish came on the first 2 casts.  Talk about a bait working quickly!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I did not take a picture of the 3rd, as it was the same size as the first 2.

You guys should pick some of those up as they work well.   I can't wait to use them when rockfihing on the cattle boats this spring.  I see that the company is now making the XL Hawg seekers which is a 5" model, maybe that will bring some legal halibut?

Yellowrock

Junior
Junior
Don't you just love using new stuff and having them work especially on the first few casts? Freakin' Awesome! I might have to add a few of those into my Plano. Good looking out.

jmericle

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Don't you just love using new stuff and having them work especially on the first few casts? Freakin' Awesome! I might have to add a few of those into my Plano. Good looking out.

I did not even put any scent on the bait, just the action of the bait was enough. In this color, it seriously looks like an anchovy floping around when on the drop shot. This was also my first time ever fishing in the "drop shot" style. I always perfer a lead head and work the plastic, but let me tell you the drop shot is the s*%t!

Yellowrock

Junior
Junior
yep, DS is the easiest way to fish. I always keep one rod DS on the drift while i'm working a swimbait with my baitcaster. The DS always stops my rhythm trying to work a piling but i'm ok with it. haha.

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Nice job on the pancakes. You might also want to try it on a darter head for a similar but different presentation.

jmericle

Junior
Junior
quote=".:LOLLY:."]Nice job on the pancakes. You might also want to try it on a darter head for a similar but different presentation.[/quote]

I have, and this is what happened in the same spot as yesterday...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][

I guess it does not matter how you fish those baits, they work. I see a link to these Fool's Bait guys on the bottom left of the screen here. Are they a site sponsor?

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Yes, the ads you see on the top, left, and right are site sponsors.

jeffcpr

Admin
Looks like fools baits are doing the job very cool.thanks for sharing.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

Fishingdachronarch201E7

good work JMERICLE!!!!!

great baits!!! ive caught lots of fish on these!!!

SoCalFishKilla

Bobber
Bobber
damn.. that is just EFFECTIVE!!

Awesome Work on the Fish , Just love trying new Baits !

dayhut

Junior
Junior
Not to be a wet blanket, but could it have been a combination of things (right place, right time, etc)?

I'm sure the baits are fine, high quality pieces. Don't misunderstand. But a LOT of factors go into catching fish, with the precise bait often being them least of them.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum