The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Need some help adding a few fish to the tournament list.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:57 pm

by jeffcpr Yesterday at 1:57 pm

» Thinking of buying a pontoon boat
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:32 am

» 2018 Float Tube Tournament Series Official Rules
by jeffcpr Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 pm

» Funky waders
by SP Dan Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:05 pm

» Music is your special friend
by jeffcpr Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 pm

» January's Tournament Changes!!
by jeffcpr Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Newport Harbor
by SP Dan Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 am

» Perris Lake
by GT Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 am

» Some stuff I got in trade
by Master Baiter Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 am

» Some pretty Awesome Decorative pieces
by Master Baiter Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?

Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Wyu

Bobber
Bobber
What's everyone's opinion on these fins?

I'm looking into getting fins and want the best bang for the buck. I've read that hotspots are pretty good and less expensive than the Force Fins.

I'm Leaning towards the hotspots right now.

Please advise thx...

2 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:29 pm

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
They are both really good fins and you can't go wrong either way. I would say hot spots are the best bang for your buck since they are substantially cheaper. I would start off with the hot spots and jump on some force fins when a deal pops up, they are far and few.

3 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:11 am

JsFishSlayer

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:They are both really good fins and you can't go wrong either way. I would say hot spots are the best bang for your buck since they are substantially cheaper. I would start off with the hot spots and jump on some force fins when a deal pops up, they are far and few.

^x2.

I recently upgraded from my step in fins (from BPS) to hotspots and absolutely love them. Them being cheaper than the Force Fins kinda helped me liking them even more, but when a good deal pops up on some, I'll likely get them, if for nothing else, to try them out, and either keep or resell them. You'll likely get a lot of mixed votes on here, since many are fiercely loyal to one or the other.

But for my .02, I'd go with the Hotspots  Thumbs Up 

http://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

4 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:59 am

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
This sport/hobby is very expensive as we all know. Just like a quality reel. It is gonna run you a few bucks more but you can rest assure it'll crank when you need it the most. Same for fins before I bought my first pair of force fins I had bought some $45 ones from bass pro. I was excited to try my gear on. I got home and threw on my waders and fins. Went to adjust the strap on the fins and the buckle busted. Kind if a bummer that drive to bass pro is not short. After that expierence I did some research and just like you I was being thrown these 2 killer options... Hotspots vs force fins!!! Saw a deal in eBay for the force fins. Jumped on them and have been pleased since. I have bought another pair these I got a size bigger to fit into them with wading boots to avoid damaging your waders. Good luck. They are both great options. I'm for the force fins cause they are less bulky and feel very comfortable.

5 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:00 am

bayfishingjunkie

Junior
Junior
Don't skimp on fins they are your outboard motor and especially if you tube salt good fins will sve your life I use top end scuba diving fins that can get me up and moving very quickly if needed

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

6 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:41 am

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
I agree with bayfishingjunkie above, don't get cheap fins, they are your motor, and can save you if need be.  Either the FF or the Hot Spots are an excellent choice for tubing.

7 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:52 am

Yellowrock

Junior
Junior
Stepping from the outcast fins to the Force Fins i noticed the difference right away. Get either one and you'll get your money's worth for sure. I just need to get one one size larger so it'll feel more comfortable. Anybody has a Large FF for sale or would like a trade with a Medium?

8 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:18 pm

bayfishingjunkie

Junior
Junior
I popped an airbladder on the right side of my old fishcat one night while fishing alone around 2am mid channel in alamitos when the current was smoking fast and only because of the fins I was using was I able to make it against the current back to shore saving all my gear from going bye bye...

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

9 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:29 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I popped an airbladder on the right side of my old fishcat one night while fishing alone around 2am mid channel in alamitos when the current was smoking fast and only because of the fins I was using was I able to make it against the current back to shore saving all my gear from going bye bye...

That's a scary thought!!! Loosing air with a current... at 2am!!!!

10 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:31 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
We've tubed NPH between 11pm-9am. That was creepy cause we could hear dogs popping up around us just couldn't see them well.

11 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:15 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
There are a lot of great fins out there, I think the big things are making sure they fit right. I have a decent pair of dive fins they work great, spend $70 on them and I like them a lot. If I get a new pair I would go with hot spots but just because of word of mouth, I do think that force fins would be great as well. If you spend the cash you will be happy with either kind, just make sure they fit over your wader.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

12 Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Wyu

Bobber
Bobber
Thanks all for all your input. It seems like I can't go wrong with either one.

I will hold off buying the hotspots for now and see if any deals arise online on the adjustable force fins. I'll probably wait till after Fred Hall to see if there are any deals there as well otherwise I will just purchase the Hotspots.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum