Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » face protection

face protection

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 face protection on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:28 pm

kaiserslaveray

Newby
Newby
Why do people wear bank robbery masks when they are on he tubes? Isn't sunscreen the same thing? I can understand if its cold and windy but what about on perfect 72 degree days? I see a ton of people getting ready to rob some trout or pelicans.

2 Re: face protection on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
Along with it protecting you from the UV rays. There are some chilly morning and cold breezes that flow thru. It's used for warmth and also to prevent sunburn on the neck and ears.

3 Re: face protection on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:55 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
Mainly a fashion statement tho!!! Walk the walk, talk the talk.... Lmfao!!

4 Re: face protection on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:07 pm

kaiserslaveray

Newby
Newby
Until I catch a 10lbers or greater or get 2stringers full on my tube Id say I'm not worthy of the ninja mask. They should make them like karate belts and you can't move up in color till you post certain ninja fishing/slaying skills.

5 Re: face protection on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
I agree... I don't own one myself. I use a bandana when necessary

6 Re: face protection on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:43 pm

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
The buffs give you the protection without having to fiddle with the lotion and re-applying. Plus some people feel that sunblock lotion on our hands gets on the lures and scares the fish away.

7 Re: face protection on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:08 pm

kaiserslaveray

Newby
Newby
Dang it Lolly!!! You just NEED to have an answer that makes sense!!

8 Re: face protection on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:53 am

I use my Buff , for the obvious reasons Protection from UV Rays , Warmth and most importantly in this warm weather how many of us have applied lotion or spray to the face only to have it rub into the eyes from sunglasses , sleeves ETC , thus causing Burning and blindness while fishing ?

I don't know about others , but I like to see the pigs that I am Slaying and look damn cool while doing it .

9 Re: face protection on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:40 am

enough said

10 Re: face protection on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:54 pm

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11 Re: face protection on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Aquaholic38

Senior
Senior
.:LOLLY:. wrote:The buffs give you the protection without having to fiddle with the lotion and re-applying. Plus some people feel that sunblock lotion on our hands gets on the lures and scares the fish away.
yeah, I heard that one some time ago, that's why I use shad scented coppertone!  geek 

http://www.freewebs.com/eduardobibriesca

12 Re: face protection on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:17 am

JsFishSlayer

Bobber
Bobber
Misfitdog wrote:I use my Buff , for the obvious reasons Protection from UV Rays , Warmth and most importantly in this warm weather how many of us have applied lotion or spray to the face only to have it rub into the eyes from sunglasses , sleeves ETC , thus causing Burning and blindness while fishing ?

I don't know about others , but I like to see the pigs that I am Slaying and look damn cool while doing it .

Pretty much This ^.

I've been burning my face/ears/neck early in the year, every year since I was a kid, Skin Cancer is not something I look forward to, and I absolutely HATE applying sunscreen. Being as close to the water as we are in a float tube... it's smart to have something. So a buff was the logical choice, at least for me. They're actually quite comfortable too.

Last edited by JsFishSlayer on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Nazi in me reared it's head.)

http://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

13 Re: face protection on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:38 am

kaiserslaveray

Newby
Newby
Maybe I need to fish in the buff.
I mean it does really make sense now that all you fishing thugs are explaining it to me  Very Happy . I went in the tube once and boat once I felt like crap when I was done in the tube. I got too much sun and felt a little dehydrated. My balding spot was beat and my face burned. I knew I shoulda taken sunscreen but I hate the greasy feeling. So I went in the boat the second time and figured I'd just use sunscreen. Took it but didn't use it as I had a hat on and sweatshirt. Still got a tiny bit burned but not as bad. Took more water too. But yeah the tube Iv'e realized puts you ON THE WATER! I'm pretty sure I'll be fishing in the buff this Saturday. That and a long sleeve shirt. Now I just gotta figure if I'll do fishing as Robo Cop or the bad guy from GI JOE.

14 Re: face protection on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:53 am

just make sure after a long day on the water and wearing the buff if you stop to get food at a local drive thru , you remember to take it off . I had a Taco slung at me at the local jack in the box and they know me there very well .. oops my bad !

15 Re: face protection on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:28 am

Fishingdachronarch201E7

yeah those buffs work great for, sun or cold....i own 3 myself, check out their website, they have lots of styles and colors....theyre a must!  salute 

Tony G

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

16 Re: face protection on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:49 am

wiseguy

Senior
Senior

17 Re: face protection on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:54 am

Fisher

Senior
Senior
its a trend haha started with saltwater guys that would be out for hrs then turn to these swimbait guys now just everyone is wearin em

18 Re: face protection on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:20 am

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
We are NINJAS!!!! We have to keep
Confidentiality!!!!!!!

19 Re: face protection on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:10 pm

TheAsianGuy

Old Timer
Old Timer
Fabric is fabric, and UV protection is minimal if it's not lined with proper UV treatment before hand. Make sure your face buff is truly UV protected. UV rays will penetrate normal fabric like hot knife through butter. Colors of fabric will reduce some of the UV from penetrating, but you're still toast by the end of the day. Wonder why you have the same feeling as if you're sun burnt, yet, there's no visible sunburn on your body? UV effects at their finest. Depending on how long you area out there, UV rated treatment on clothing should be closely noted. If you're washing the cloth with UV treated on a regular basis, I can surely bet you that after 10 washes, the UV impregnated material is half effective..then half of that..then half of that after repeated washes.

21 Re: face protection on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:42 pm

TheAsianGuy

Old Timer
Old Timer
miller wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

problem solved

Thumbs Up Got a similar ones for my body surfing days, which I also used for fishing. Great stuff. Lasted for a year. Handwash only..so, be ready for some major fun at the sink, with Woolite.  Very Happy 

22 Re: face protection on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:47 pm

TheAsianGuy wrote:

Thumbs Up Got a similar ones for my body surfing days, which I also used for fishing. Great stuff. Lasted for a year. Handwash only..so, be ready for some major fun at the sink, with Woolite.  Very Happy 

handwash ? whats that you speak of  lol! Thats one thing that is nice about all these new front loader washing machines now, you dont need to handwash anything much anymore.

23 Re: face protection on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:57 pm

JsFishSlayer

Bobber
Bobber
miller wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

problem solved

Or if you really want to go for it all...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thumbs Up 

http://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

24 Re: face protection on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:22 pm

kaiserslaveray

Newby
Newby
Holy cow! Now I need to spend $1100 on a washer to clean my $70 plus tax and shipping and handling ninja duds
 Shocked 

Maybe the sting of spf 80 to the eyes is less than the sticker shock of caring for my buff properly.

All joking aside. In the profession I do skin cancer is a real problem I've seen several people get it. Working on the side of a white 53' semi trailer wrapping it for 8 hours is brutal. It is nothing compared to what I experienced sun wise when I went on the tube. Seems like the age group I see on the lake is (me included) a balding but somewhat healthy bunch of guys who are just starting to see a slight decline in health not being in our 20s anymore. We are super susceptible to skin cancer I'm all in on wearing protective ninja suits now. Friday I'm picking one up.

25 Re: face protection on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum