Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Invites, Fishing Events, Forum Gatherings, and other Tournaments » Contest, Fishing Events and Tournaments » Team Saltwater

Team Saltwater

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:47 am

I just learned more in detail how this tourney is ran. Am I correct that the Salt captain can choose where and what species the Fresh guys will fish? Are we using combined weight, # of legal fish caught, overall angler bag weight? There are still so many details that I think a few of us don't know. Looking at this VS. tourney, I think the cards are stacked in favor of the Freshwater anglers. At an given lake, a freshwater bass can easily top 3,4,5 pounds on any given cast. In the Salt, the legal length is now 14" as you all know. If we are targeting one specie and it's Sand Bass, we may as all quit. We all know how difficult it is to pull a decent Sandy from a tube. I'm not saying it can't be done or it hasn't been done. I'm just saying the Fresh guys have a larger advantage. I almost was thinking this Fresh vs. Salt was going to be a format like 10 anglers from each team. Fish the same waters for one tournament day at the same time, then weigh in. Next tournament, turn the book by reversing the tournament. Like 1 tourney, Fresh fish with Salt in ie: Alamitos Bay. Then next tourney, Salt fish with Fresh in ie: Castaic Lower Lagoon. Maybe all this has been talked about already and I just didn't follow up on the threads. Either way, I'm in to have some fun however this is coming together. Just my thoughts is all!

52 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
The captains can choose the species for the other team but not the location since everyone is not local and we want to give everyone on the board a chance to participate. As far as everything else goes I believe it is still up in the air and to be determined. Also, the fresh captain has already chosen spotties for the salt team to target.

53 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:54 am

@.:LOLLY:. wrote:The captains can choose the species for the other team but not the location since everyone is not local and we want to give everyone on the board a chance to participate. As far as everything else goes I believe it is still up in the air and to be determined. Also, the fresh captain has already chosen spotties for the salt team to target.

Okay so is it overall weight per angler or team? So we can say for Team Fresh to target Blue Gills? LOL. Sorry I'm so confused in all this. I do appreciate your clarification Lolly! Thumbs Up 

54 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:56 am

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
It should be even matched. The greenbacks seem to be lethargic at this time of the season. Pulling a lunker is gonna be tough work. There is a few details and questions that'll be addressed before the event. Thanks for the feedback @lagunacoconut  Thumbs Up 

55 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 am

Senior
Senior
no problem bro. Going off of memory fresh water picked trout and bass I think. Our leader will have to pick one of those two for them to target. Everything else has not been decided

56 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 am

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It should be even matched. The greenbacks seem to be lethargic at this time of the season. Pulling a lunker is gonna be tough work. There is a few details and questions that'll be addressed before the event. Thanks for the feedback @lagunacoconut  Thumbs Up 

Stop trying to get us to pick green bass for you guys, get that out of your head! Your fishing something else! Better go get your meal worms! Twisted Evil 

At Laguna: it's not about weight, it's about how many fish collectively the team catches.

57 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:02 am

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
Fish options for freshwater:

1) bass

2) trout

Pick one you would like us to school you on. Hehehehehehe!!!!!

58 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:03 am

Senior
Senior
I think fatboy just wants to go for trouser trout.... cochino

59 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:12 am

@wiseguy wrote:
@fatboy531 wrote:It should be even matched. The greenbacks seem to be lethargic at this time of the season. Pulling a lunker is gonna be tough work. There is a few details and questions that'll be addressed before the event. Thanks for the feedback @lagunacoconut  Thumbs Up 

Stop trying to get us to pick green bass for you guys, get that out of your head! Your fishing something else! Better go get your meal worms! Twisted Evil 

At Laguna:  it's not about weight, it's about how many fish collectively the team catches.

That makes much better sense!  The fish has to be legal size to count correct? If so, Bluegill, Trout, and Catfish should be out of the picture. No size limit that I know of on those!

60 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:21 am

Senior
Senior
This is just for fun so the rules aren't too strict. They're more like guidelines.

61 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:26 am

@.:LOLLY:. wrote:This is just for fun so the rules aren't too strict. They're more like guidelines.

Got ya!  Thumbs Up  Thanks Lolly!

62 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:30 am

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:This is just for fun so the rules aren't too strict. They're more like guidelines.

It's gonna be fun.... Smashing the salt team. Good luck.

Are mermans an option for the saltwater team, cause i like those ?? lol!

63 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 am

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:This is just for fun so the rules aren't too strict. They're more like guidelines.

It's gonna be fun.... Smashing the salt team. Good luck.

Are mermans an option for the saltwater team, cause i like those ?? lol!

Dang Fatboy, comming out of the closet on us? Red Smile 

64 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:06 am

Senior
Senior
LMFAO

65 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:07 am

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
As long as I'm on top!!! I don't see the PROBLEM!!!! Red Smile 

66 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:09 am

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
LMFAO!!!!! lol! lol! lol! 

67 Re: Team Saltwater on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 am

Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

68 Re: Team Saltwater on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:29 am

Alright Team Salt!  I have a very special spot for our target species.  I can't disclose the area but are looking for 3 more tubers.  I think Dano will be coming with me to this area.  If you are interested, please let me know.  This is a very dynamic area and the current can be extremely strong.  Be ready to do a lot of kicking!

Last edited by lagunaCOCONUT on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

69 Re: Team Saltwater on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:12 am

Senior
Senior
Sounds interesting. Send me the details if you don't mind.

70 Re: Team Saltwater on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:10 am

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sounds interesting. Send me the details if you don't mind.

I'm down... Shoot me the info too. Thanks.

71 Re: Team Saltwater on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:50 am

Senior
Senior
AHAHAHAHAHA you're a fool fatboy. Do you remember which team you're in?

72 Re: Team Saltwater on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:15 am

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:AHAHAHAHAHA you're a fool fatboy. Do you remember which team you're in?

Lmao!!!! Hey... Thought I'd give it a try.  Red Smile Red Smile 

73 Re: Team Saltwater on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:18 am

Senior
Senior
War hasn't even started yet and you're already trying to switch teams?

74 Re: Team Saltwater on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:20 pm

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:War hasn't even started yet and you're already trying to switch teams?

Cause he knows what's coming to him. Twisted Evil  Good old fashion beat down to the freshwater team. afro 

75 Re: Team Saltwater on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:24 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
Shoooot!!! Just cause we going to war. Doesn't mean I don't like to fish salt. Apollo creed and Rocky got along until..... Ding,Ding!!!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum