I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Fish finder recommendations
by Hunt Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Hello from Iowa!
by DCowboys88 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:11 pm

» Report from Great Alma Fishing Float on the Mississippi River
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 pm

» Canyon Lake float tubing for general public?
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm

» Tournament Series details
by jeffcpr Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm

» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 am

» CastMate Systems V2.0 Rod Holder
by filippodg Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 pm

» Redondo Launch Spots?
by Ornery Bob Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 am

» Just wondering
by Ornery Bob Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am

» Catfish Plants
by Master Baiter Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 am

» Hello from so cal
by Ornery Bob Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:29 pm

» Maxx belly boat details
by tridao84 Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland

fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:25 am

kaiserslaveray

Newby
Newby
The name says it all basically.

I know sometimes more expensive isn't always better. Most of the time it is.

The cumberland can be had at walmart.com for $170 free shiping or I can get a fish cat 4 deluxe for around $200 hook-up price. What would you(s) recommend getting?

I will probably mostly fish corona lake, sometimes big bear lake wont hike it and I weigh 240lbs.

2 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:48 am

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
do a couple searches on here, lots of recommendations for both. My choice, The Cumberland!

3 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:57 am

I would say the Cumberland as well . for the bigger guys it is a lot more comfortable to use .. GL with whatever you choose . and pray that the rain hits because Corona is a mud hole atm and most spots deepest part is like 6.5'

4 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:46 pm

SirMixALot

Bobber
Bobber
I weigh 240 too and the cucumber keeps me outta the water pretty good. The only thing I wish I had was an inflatable seat cuz my derrière hurts on those long days on the water.

5 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:57 pm

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Cumberlands are even sturdy enough to stand on them...It was proven by a few of our members this past Saturday!

6 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm

kaiserslaveray

Newby
Newby
Sounds like the Cumberland has the most votes. In reading other post it seems that the Cumberland is a forum favorite also. Its so weird, I haven't seen any Cumberlands on the lakes when I've gone. I see about 5 fish cats to every other 1 tube out there.

7 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 pm

kaiserslaveray

Newby
Newby
Oh yeah!!!! One more thing..... the crossbar on my caddis is a pain in the @$$! It doesn't come apart once its put together and inflated. So I need to squirm in and out with fins on. Im asking to take a swim every time I get in or out. It is also positioned so I can't put the fins on or off once I'm seated with the crossbar engaged.

The Cumberland has the same crossbar. Does anyone have problems with the bar as I do on the caddis?

8 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:03 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Oh yeah!!!! One more thing..... the crossbar on my caddis is a pain in the @$$! It doesn't come apart once its put together and inflated. So I need to squirm in and out with fins on. Im asking to take a swim every time I get in or out. It is also positioned so I can't put the fins on or off once I'm seated with the crossbar engaged.

The Cumberland has the same crossbar. Does anyone have problems with the bar as I do on the caddis?

The cross bar comes in and off really easy. No problems. The cumberland gets my vote. I own 2

9 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:44 pm

bballnono

Bobber
Bobber
I have the fish cat 4 deluxe and I love it. The inflatable seat is alot more comfy than the foam seat. But I weigh 170 so I dont know how it would hold a guy who is 240 but it keeps me well out of the water and my butt doesnt hurt even if I fish all day.

10 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:47 pm

fatboy531

Old Timer
Old Timer
The foam on the cumberland can be a bit harsh on a big boy. I took a welding torch and burned in the imprint that was already there from the use. I sit a little better cause of the contour but it doesn't make it any softer on the buttocks

11 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:03 pm

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have the fish cat 4 deluxe and I love it. The inflatable seat is alot more comfy than the foam seat. But I weigh 170 so I dont know how it would hold a guy who is 240 but it keeps me well out of the water and my butt doesnt hurt even if I fish all day.
x2

12 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 am

kaiserslaveray

Newby
Newby
Have you guys read the thread from theasainguy?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The seat on the Cumberland can't be worse than the "seat" uhmmm...... errrr........ sling on the caddis navigator II. I did 7 hours in the tube it made me walk like a mummy when I peeled myself out of the sling. Is the Cumberland seat really that bad?

13 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:17 am

Fishingdachronarch201E7

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have the fish cat 4 deluxe and I love it. The inflatable seat is alot more comfy than the foam seat. But I weigh 170 so I dont know how it would hold a guy who is 240 but it keeps me well out of the water and my butt doesnt hurt even if I fish all day.
x2
x3

14 Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:22 pm

JsFishSlayer

Bobber
Bobber
I couldn't tell you how bad the seat on the cumberland is, but I can tell you, in anyway you can get an air seat, DO IT! I upgraded the foam seat on my Creek Company ODC 420 to the air seat, and WHAT a difference! Everyone that's said that the foam seat is harder on us bigger guys, is right on point, I'm about 235-240 and the foam seat gets to be hard on ya.

regarding Corona, I've called Corona a mudhole for awhile now but the water as low as it is now, it lives up to the name, it's still not terrible to fish, just make sure you clean your tube pretty good afterwards since the water is a little on the dirty side.

http://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum