Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Zoom Fluke

Zoom Fluke

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Zoom Fluke on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:42 pm

InspectaDekz

Bobber
Bobber
I just picked up some Zoom Flukes so I can try and find any Halibut that wanna come out and play Thumbs Up . Just wondering what style and size hook I should be using if I'm going to be dropshotting them?

2 Re: Zoom Fluke on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:01 pm

jesusbm562

Junior
Junior
I personally use size 6 mosquito hooks

3 Re: Zoom Fluke on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:19 pm

InspectaDekz

Bobber
Bobber
Nose hooked?

4 Re: Zoom Fluke on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:21 pm

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
What size are the flukes you picked up? I use either mosquito hooks or wide gap hooks when around structure. Size of the hook depends on size of the fluke.

For rigging I play around with it. Nose hook, thread it the way you would with a lead head, or even wacky rig. Just play with it until you find out what the fish want or whichever makes you feel comfortable.

5 Re: Zoom Fluke on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:27 pm

InspectaDekz

Bobber
Bobber
I bought the 4" models

6 Re: Zoom Fluke on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:00 pm

gigerfisher

Bobber
Bobber
I like circle hooks for DS in flukes, 3/8 oz weight 8-12 inches depending on application.

7 Re: Zoom Fluke on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:52 am

fisheromen

Junior
Junior
OK, here is the setup: For super flukes use a 3/0 or 4/0 offset worm hook, not wide gap. Hook it Texposed and drop shot it 12-18" above a 1/2-1oz weight, depending on the current. That long hook will protect the line from those razor-sharp teeth. You might lift it and shake it once in a while.

For a different look use a jighead with a fluke or grub as the DS weight. Slick them both up with Unibutter!

8 Re: Zoom Fluke on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:26 am

InspectaDekz

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:OK, here is the setup: For super flukes use a 3/0 or 4/0 offset worm hook, not wide gap. Hook it Texposed and drop shot it 12-18" above a 1/2-1oz weight, depending on the current. That long hook will protect the line from those razor-sharp teeth.  You might lift it and shake it once in a while.

For a different look use a jighead with a fluke or grub as the DS weight. Slick them both up with Unibutter!
Thanks for the advice.

9 Re: Zoom Fluke on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Hammer 4

Old Timer
Old Timer
You can also use a Scrounger rig, they come in a variety of sizes, they work well for catching striped bass, as you can swim/bounce them on the bottom. They are like a jig head, cept they have this plastic oval bill that makes em almost snag proof, and it creates a vibration that fish usually like.

Check em out at  Scrounger.com

With the above rig, you can cover much more water w/o having to cast so much..Red Smile

10 Re: Zoom Fluke on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Alot of good info given

11 Re: Zoom Fluke on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:17 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You can also use a Scrounger rig, they come in a variety of sizes, they work well for catching striped bass, as you can swim/bounce them on the bottom. They are like a jig head, cept they have this plastic oval bill that makes em almost snag proof, and it creates a vibration that fish usually like.

Check em out at  Scrounger.com

With the above rig, you can cover much more water w/o having to cast so much..Red Smile
Nice info Hammer

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

12 Re: Zoom Fluke on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:14 pm

InspectaDekz

Bobber
Bobber
Thanks everyone for the great info.

13 Re: Zoom Fluke on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:22 pm

gigerfisher

Bobber