» For sale Float tube rod holder
by david886720 Today at 1:13 am

» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:18 am

» Float Tube Tournament Series January Winners
by jeffcpr Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 pm

» Consumer Reports Ranks Top Sunscreens for 2017
by CPT Kirk Tue May 23, 2017 4:34 pm

» My Anderson with motor and high waves!
by Jerdon Mon May 22, 2017 8:40 pm

» The Gigbob
by jeffcpr Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 am

» Perris water temp?
by rucker Sun May 21, 2017 7:00 pm

» Marina Del Rey and more...
by Jerdon Sun May 21, 2017 6:44 pm

» Float Tube Rod Holder: CastMate Systems vs. DIY
by Jerdon Sat May 20, 2017 9:38 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Fished the LAB this morning

Fished the LAB this morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fished the LAB this morning on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:09 am

jmericle

Junior
Junior
I decided last night that I need to put my tube in the water again as it has been awhile. I got up at 4:45am and made it to the LAB by 5:30am. I fished the chanel next to the rocks and docks for 1 hour. I had 4 bites, but no takers.

I got bit on a 3" bh green/black color, a 2" pearl bait which was clear with red/brown flakes, and 2 bites on a mc swim grub, which is camo green in color. What am I doing wrong? I'm slow bouncing the lures on the bottom, but no luck. I even used pro-cure on the plastics before casting out. The water was glassy and had a very slow current, which was AWESOME as the last couple of times I went out to that spot the current was ripping.

I wanted to stay longer, but had to go to work.

2 Re: Fished the LAB this morning on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 am

jesusbm562

Junior
Junior
Sucks buddy, at times the LAB can be very slow

3 Re: Fished the LAB this morning on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:53 am

Hammer 4

Old Timer
Old Timer
Low, or high tide..? best at high tide, or a good incoming tide. Low, or out going tide sucks. The bites your missing are likely lizard fish, they are only good for big hali bait..Red Smile 

Seems like every year the LAB is getting slower, so you have to fish areas that don't get fished as much, have to put in a bunch of time to learn where the bigger spotties hang out, and figure out which bait they want. Wink 

4 Re: Fished the LAB this morning on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:32 pm

jmericle

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Low, or high tide..? best at high tide, or a good incoming tide. Low, or out going tide sucks. The bites your missing are likely lizard fish, they are only good for big hali bait..Red Smile 

Seems like every year the LAB is getting slower, so you have to fish areas that don't get fished as much, have to put in a bunch of time to learn where the bigger spotties hang out, and figure out which bait they want. Wink 
The tide seemed high. I did not check the tidal chart, just went out of impulse. Could have been lizards, but I have caught a spotted kind there before and seen many youtube videos of spotties being caught in the same spot. There is some eel grass there as well as rocky structure.

5 Re: Fished the LAB this morning on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:44 pm

gigerfisher

Bobber
Bobber
Keep on treking and make your way to Huntington Harbor its not too much further the bite has been fairly good. I will be there several time next week as work is getting slow and hours are getting cut. Monday morning for sure

6 Re: Fished the LAB this morning on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:33 pm

gigerfisher

Bobber
Bobber
i have and the corners hold fish. from what i have found and fishing directly under boats. I have rented Kayaks there before thats how i ended up in the tube

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum