Oddly enough I spent an afternoon one day about 15 years ago fishing for cuttlefish in the Adriatic Sea. ( I was on location ), and I must admit they are even more aggressive than the Humboldt Squid! These critters get PISSED!,.. and they just chomp away and squirm until they latch onto something!
Anyways,.. I have been bitten by countless fish (and in fact, I have been almost castrated and blinded as well by fish!) and considering the danger of some of the fish we encounter, here is my list of the most dangerous...
1) ANY SHARK YOU BRING ON BOARD!! that's why I try not to...ever...
NOTE: of all the sharks brought on board, that are to my mind, dangerous, the California Angel Shark is by far THE!! most dangerous. (discounting of course that you are not stupid enough to bring a live Mako, White or Tiger on board).
2) Halibut, this fish goes absolutely nuts when you put him on deck, and they have really nasty teeth! I have seen more bad bites from this fish than any other!
3) California Electric Ray,... Taser with fins!!! Extremely dangerous!!!! this one can actually kill you. Ok,.. it actually doesn't bite you but.....
4) any sting ray... that's why they call them sting rays!!! Duh!! (again, no bite but...)
5) California Sculpin,... there's a reason we call them "RattleSnake"'s (again these fish are not about "biting" but just about being dangerous)
6) Ling Cod, although not offensively aggressive, if you are not careful they can be seriously dangerous.
7) Billfish... a fish with a pointy stick for an upper jaw.... nuff said!!
OK,... so far it's been all salt water fish, so now as far as fresh water fish are concerned,... the one fish that consistently bites me and draws blood, ..... Channel catfish,.. No seriously, these guys get pissed and will clamp down on you and not let go!
I have horror stories for each one of these fish, some of them quite serious,... most kinda funny....
Hee Hee!! bodfish