The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Log in

I forgot my password



Latest topics

» HookupBaits Discount Code
by SP Dan Today at 8:45 pm

» Updating The Ride - building out my Super Fat Cat
by SP Dan Today at 8:43 pm

» Beginner's question about purchase of fins
by Jerdon Today at 4:45 pm

» The boat has to have a name
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Super Monster Heavy Duty Tube at the Hall Show in March (Long Beach)
by Misfit_Angler138 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Air pump suggestions
by chipmcd Yesterday at 6:10 pm

» You really can take it all with you!
by mthaubs Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» How does the tournament work..
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:15 am

» The next 2018 Tournament is up to sign up for
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:17 am

» FT - Tournament Series Jan - March
by jeffcpr Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:22 pm

» SP Dan's FT is ready for the OPENING DAY of 2017
by SP Dan Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:04 pm

» Lake Perris info
by Jerdon Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner


You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » These fins are great

These fins are great

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 These fins are great on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Komori

avatar
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Bought these after hearing how good there are, and it's true. These "Proflex" fins by U.S. Divers are nice. Fit my bare feet well (size 12), no cramping or rubbing, don't come loose, and really moved me right along pretty fast with easy kicking! They were a good price too- about $25 through Amazon.com.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2 Re: These fins are great on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:40 pm

desertstorm28

avatar
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
those fins are amazing I got them at sports authority for 20 bucks and I'm amazed at how comfortable they are and how well they move me through the water... nice to see I'm not the only one using them!

3 Re: These fins are great on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 am

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Excellent choice. My wife and I have these for snorkeling, and I used them for tubing as well. Great to get to shore when your tube goes south, which happened on my Caddis Nevada. The flex blades will gives you that extra edge whether you're kicking sitting up, or swimming facing down. Wait until you fully break the pair in. You'll see even more strength being transferred from your legs to the fins.

4 Re: These fins are great on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 am

mightyminnow25

avatar
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Can you use these with waders on?

5 Re: These fins are great on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 pm

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I've done it using a neoprene boot type waders, and yes, they can be worn. However, it will be very very very tight.

6 Re: These fins are great on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:49 pm

bowbah


New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I've done it using a neoprene boot type waders, and yes, they can be worn. However, it will be very very very tight.


I went to sports authority today to try it out with my hodgeman waders...it was beyond tight...and trying to move my foot forward to fit into the foot well pushed my toes way forward and uncomfortable.

They seem to have a model that has adjustable straps...looks the same, just adjustable.

How do these fins compare to something like the hotspot fins?

I'm hesitant to spend $70+ on fins.

7 Re: These fins are great on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:59 pm

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
This is only from my perspectives, so, you have to ask Komori to contribute his thoughts as well:

1. Hotspot fins is great to have if you're integrating the waders/boots to accommodate your comfort in cold water. However, these fins will rival the propelling force of the Hotspot in warm water for a cheaper price.

2. Much more comfortable than most fins out there, bare feet, or with beach sandals worn.

3. The only I don't like for my older models are the straps in the back have a tendency to slide down and slip out from my ankle. I resolved it by using a soft nylon clothing and wrap the back of the strap around my upper ankle area. Stay on my feet for hours without slippage, and minimizing fatigues.

I have three different pairs of fins to played with, mountable for boots, wader's socks type, and bare feet (since I do that most of the year), and came to a conclusion that rather than burning money on expensive fins, I'll invest on fins that will be efficient, effective, budgeted for myself and my family.

8 Re: These fins are great on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:07 pm

bowbah


New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:This is only from my perspectives, so, you have to ask Komori to contribute his thoughts as well:

1. Hotspot fins is great to have if you're integrating the waders/boots to accommodate your comfort in cold water. However, these fins will rival the propelling force of the Hotspot in warm water for a cheaper price.

2. Much more comfortable than most fins out there, bare feet, or with beach sandals worn.

3. The only I don't like for my older models are the straps in the back have a tendency to slide down and slip out from my ankle. I resolved it by using a soft nylon clothing and wrap the back of the strap around my upper ankle area. Stay on my feet for hours without slippage, and minimizing fatigues.

I have three different pairs of fins to played with, mountable for boots, wader's socks type, and bare feet (since I do that most of the year), and came to a conclusion that rather than burning money on expensive fins, I'll invest on fins that will be efficient, effective, budgeted for myself and my family.


Thanks for the insight. I will look into the adjustable ones and see how they fit my waders.

9 Re: These fins are great on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:16 am

BigChris99


New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
If anyone finds the adjustable model of these fins can you post a link? If they are as good as you all say, it would be nice to have two pair, one to wear with your waders and one without, for warm water.

10 Re: These fins are great on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 am

bowbah


New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If anyone finds the adjustable model of these fins can you post a link? If they are as good as you all say, it would be nice to have two pair, one to wear with your waders and one without, for warm water.

They have them at sports chalet...19.99 for adjustable ones.

They are called aqua lung proflex fx

11 Re: These fins are great on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 am

BigChris99


New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If anyone finds the adjustable model of these fins can you post a link? If they are as good as you all say, it would be nice to have two pair, one to wear with your waders and one without, for warm water.

They have them at sports chalet...19.99 for adjustable ones.

They are called aqua lung proflex fx

Thanks, I'll look for them.

12 Re: These fins are great on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:39 am

.:LOLLY:.

avatar
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I had those fins when I first started tubing. They were fine at first but as time went on I felt that they got to flimsy. The more I tubed, the more I disliked those fins. I have since then got me a pair of hot spots and haven't looked back since.

13 pro flex fins on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:22 am

tjflyfisher


Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
my 8 yr old boy and his grandpa both have the adjustable model of these fins (youth size for him of course) they both have classic accessories teton float tubes and both can move around very well with these fins

both have been out tubing with them several times and no problems as of yet

 got both pairs of them at dicks sporting goods for $24 and change  seem to work well so far

i have the us divers blades dive fins and they are awesome but i have been a scuba diver for several years and just use what i had on hand lol

tjflyfisher

14 Re: These fins are great on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:16 pm

bodfish


Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Hey guys,
So here's a thread we've seen a few times before, and as before, I would vote in favor of Force Fins.
Now before the conflagration begins, (flaming) let me say that these are the most ridiculously priced fins on the market! 

That being said they are also probably without too much argument, the best. And to avoid that argument I ask everyone to go to the Force Fin site and watch the videos available there, if for no other reason than to learn about the hydrodynamics of the swim fin. the vids there are highly informative! (I learned so much watching these things!) I have a 15 year old set (my second) that I grudgingly paid $75.00 for sooooo long ago. I have experimented with numerous other types and still maintain that overall they are the best. 

1) fast, (not fastest, but pretty darn fast!)
2) most maneuverable, (this is a no brainer)
3) most comfortable, and I really mean this! (especially for those long, cold, hard, kicking days)
4) easiest to put on and take off ( also, the most adjustable)
5) THE best in shallow water, or heavy cover, 
6) easiest to kick, for the amount of thrust (which equates to longer, farther kicks, with less physical stress,..)
7) best for use with waders, wader booties, or even wading boots 
Cool most durable (this is MilSpec gear)

Again, except for the price, these fins in my opinion are THE best. One last thought, which is why I own them and will continue to buy them. Your fins are one of THE most important pieces of your toobing or tooning kit. They are your primary source of propulsion,..... just sayin',....

      bodfish

15 Re: These fins are great on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:06 pm

jeffcpr

avatar
Admin
wellsaid i dont own a pair but i would like to i have heard a lot of good i will check out there site.


_________________
Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

16 Re: These fins are great on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:09 pm

BigChris99


New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Looked at their website. They look great....... but, they will have to wait.Too pricey for me right now. Maybe someday.

17 Re: These fins are great on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:00 pm

red1952ford


Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
My vote is for force fins also.
I thought the same thing you did....they are not the all out fastest...well I was wrong
I sometimes float tube with my son
he always was much faster than me. we both used the US Diver fins so many others like.
my tube is much Heavier (bucks Bags redneck) than his fish cat or his cumberland.
two weeks ago I got a pair of force fins. He can No longer keep up or catch me for that matter.
I tried the force fins for two days and thought My other diver fins are just as good. I went out the next day with the US Diver fins. Much more effort to propel the tube. Much harder to hold a spot in the wind. Then I went back to the force fin..WOW
the force fin is way better. It also is much easier to hold a spot in the wind at Perris if you are fishing deep water rock piles
You use more of your thigh muscles. no more cramps ether.
the force fins are better.
the only bad part about a force fin is the Price.
Expensive or not i will buy another pair one adjusted for boot foot waders and trout fishing.
the other pair for tubing in shorts
Force Fins A++++
red1952ford


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hey guys,
So here's a thread we've seen a few times before, and as before, I would vote in favor of Force Fins.
Now before the conflagration begins, (flaming) let me say that these are the most ridiculously priced fins on the market! 

That being said they are also probably without too much argument, the best. And to avoid that argument I ask everyone to go to the Force Fin site and watch the videos available there, if for no other reason than to learn about the hydrodynamics of the swim fin. the vids there are highly informative! (I learned so much watching these things!) I have a 15 year old set (my second) that I grudgingly paid $75.00 for sooooo long ago. I have experimented with numerous other types and still maintain that overall they are the best. 

1) fast, (not fastest, but pretty darn fast!)
2) most maneuverable, (this is a no brainer)
3) most comfortable, and I really mean this! (especially for those long, cold, hard, kicking days)
4) easiest to put on and take off ( also, the most adjustable)
5) THE best in shallow water, or heavy cover, 
6) easiest to kick, for the amount of thrust (which equates to longer, farther kicks, with less physical stress,..)
7) best for use with waders, wader booties, or even wading boots 
Cool most durable (this is MilSpec gear)

Again, except for the price, these fins in my opinion are THE best. One last thought, which is why I own them and will continue to buy them. Your fins are one of THE most important pieces of your toobing or tooning kit. They are your primary source of propulsion,..... just sayin',....

      bodfish

18 Re: These fins are great on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:16 am

wiseguy

avatar
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I own a pair of FF, hands down the best investment I've made for tubing aside from the cumberland. I'm the type that does not like to pay retail for anything, never, so I wait until a deal comes up and snatch it!

19 Re: These fins are great on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Idratherbefishing


Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Walmart has these adjustable ones I use them for tubing they work great I never had any problems with them

20 Re: These fins are great on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:07 am

red1952ford


Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Walmart has these adjustable ones I use them for tubing they work great I never had any problems with them

The adjustable wallmart Fins are good and reliable
The force Fins allow you to move father with less effort and allow you to stay out in the wind with your tube.
With Force Fins you can hold on your Spot int he Wind with ease!
I fish Perris A lot Most guys leave or won't fish int he Afternoon due to the Wind
Force Fins are more money but they are worth it...makes your day on the water even better
They are (force fins) something you just can't understand until you use them for a few times
If your Older and have joint issues the Force fins are easier on your Joints

Red1952ford

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum