» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:13 pm

» CastMate Systems V2.0 Rod Holder
by filippodg Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by mthaubs Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:55 pm

» Report from Great Alma Fishing Float on the Mississippi River
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 pm

» Canyon Lake float tubing for general public?
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » New member

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New member on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 pm

IEBADBOY

Newby
Newby
Hello all i'm new to the forum just got back into float tube fishing. Coming from kayak fishing and working on some modifications would love your input wanting to rig my hummingbird 597 on there but thinking on building the "ak47" rod holder with a FF mount but not knowing what to do about the power any help would be good. Thank you

2 Re: New member on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:09 pm

jjvalencia

Bobber
Bobber
Welcome to the forum!! Lots of info unfortunately I am not too smart on that kind of subject but there will be someone to help you out! Very Happy

3 Re: New member on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:23 pm

desertstorm28

Bobber
Bobber
welcome! first off since you live at canyon lake i expect an invitation afro I have a Garmin Echo 150 fish finder, as do others on here, and I have a small 12v rechargable battery that I keep in a box in the pocket of my tube. It adds about 5 pounds to the tube but that only affects me when carrying it to the water.

4 Re: New member on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 am

bassfishing24/7

Old Timer
Old Timer
Welcome to the forum.i hear plenty of good things about canyon lake.hopefully i can fish it some day...

5 Re: New member on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:01 am

SoCalFishKilla

Bobber
Bobber
salute

6 Re: New member on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:46 am

Fisher

Senior
Senior
welcome to the forums n ya i want a invite also haha canyon is a fun lake to fish

7 Re: New member on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:29 am

jeffcpr

Admin
Welcome to the site I am sure you will find plenty of help in building your rack. I have a Float Tube Finatic Fish Finder Mount myself which works really good. And I use a rock rack made by our very own .:LOLLY:. Good luck with your build and it looks like you already got some company for your next trip out.

Matthew 4:19
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

8 Re: New member on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:57 pm

IEBADBOY

Newby
Newby
Thanks guys and yes it an amazing place went out this morning for my tubes maiden voyage was good cought 4 fish in 2 hours mainly 3lb bass and one 5lb cat fish I have a 12volt battery that I used on my kayak ill just use that and yes I saw those rod racks kinda what I was planning on building. In box me and we can plan a trip
Thanks again will have picks of my tube up soon

9 Re: New member on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:12 pm

TheAsianGuy

Old Timer
Old Timer
IEBADBOY, Canyon Lake is known for its catfish and crappie. Make a size #4 sickle jig, 1/32oz, skirt it with chartreuse-olive/black-red, or spinner chubs to create vibration in the water, and you'll see your line dancing. Komori and LedHed can give you some hint on a LedHed's Auto-jig or Boilie jig design to get you going with the kick start. You can use shakey heads with a 4" or 6" watermelon plastic worms to stir some trouble a the bottom.

Suggestion: offer the native there with 1/2" to 3/4" segment of African or Euro nightcrawler, and see how much your land can handle the violent actions. If you're planning to offer a half worm segment (2"), with the crawler moving, be ready to mount on a 8lb test line, because anything less will be met with violent line breakage. If you truly want to test your luck, 10lbs test on a bass rod, have a full worm threaded from the tail to the 1/4 way up to the body, and have the worm crawl at the bottom of the lake. Hang on to the rod, because you will not know when the rod is gone from your rack.

10 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 am

420_tuber

Newby
Newby
On my float tube i have a garmin 400c fishfinder, at first i used a motorcycle battery to power it, it was way to heavy and a pain in the ass. so what i did was get one of my old DeWalt battery charges and just wired the actual charger to the fish finder, so now my fishfinder runs off my DeWalt drill batteries. super light and easy to recharge, one battery last about 5 hrs, so i bring 2!!!

11 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 am

IEBADBOY

Newby
Newby
Can u send pictures???

12 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:21 am

IEBADBOY

Newby
Newby
@420_tuber

13 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:29 am

420_tuber

Newby
Newby
i am trying to but its a pain in the ass. can someone explain how to upload photos on here?

14 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:40 am

420_tuber

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:42 am

420_tuber

Newby
Newby
thats just a pic of my tube you can see the set up on the back thou

16 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:47 am

420_tuber

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here is another pic of my set up

17 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:05 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Welcome to the boards

18 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:31 am

bowbah

Newby
Newby
Another way to power the FF is using AA batteries. I use 8 AA batteries to power the FF on my Kayak. Light and easy to use and replace once the batteries run low. If you want to use rechargeable ones...you need to use 10 AA batteries.

19 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:28 pm

IEBADBOY

Newby
Newby
The AA battires will power a hummingbird 597ci hd with down I imaging? I have a batterie I used for my kayak but not sure we're to put it?

20 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:19 pm

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Also, you might want to check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They make some nice mounts for the fish finders. There are a few guys on here that use them and can give more info.

21 Re: New member on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:41 pm

bowbah

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The AA battires will power a hummingbird 597ci hd with down I imaging? I have a batterie I used for my kayak but not sure we're to put it?

I put my AA battery setup in a drybag in the hatch on my kayak. I was going to use those lock and lock tupperware but the bag was much easier and simpler. I have an Eagle Cuda 350 and get about 2 5 hour trips on it on 1 set of cheapo eveready batteries.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum