Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line?

izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
I recently bought some izorline XXX Super Co-Polymer in 2 lb test to put on a new ultralight reel, because of a recommendation by a guy at Bass Pro Shops. I have since heard it is not a good line because of terrible knot strength. Has or does anyone use this line, and if so, what do you think about it?

I have never used that type of line but I have used P-Line's Co-Polymer.

P-Lines line is softer line. Its a good line but there are times and places that I dont use it. Seeing how your using 2lb test, you dont have alot to worry about IMO.

MenyoG

Bobber
Bobber
Izor XXX mono has become my line of choice.

I went to it to fish 6 lb in the surf and then anything 12 lb and less, including down to 2 lb. for trout.

Now that almost all my fishing is surf or tube, I have been fishing Izor exclusively for about a year or so.

I have never had any knot problems with this line. Use it, you already bought the spool or had the reel filled, why not? I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

As a bonus you get 4000 or so yards of Izor on a 1/4 lb spool for about $17.00. Sure beats $6-$7 for a 300 yd filler spool of other lines.

Manuel

4 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 am

Aquaholic38

Senior
Senior
I have use 2# Izorline co-polimer. never had an issue with it. but like Manuel said. you already bought the spool, who better judge than yourself? right? It has alot of memory but just like every polymer does.

http://www.freewebs.com/eduardobibriesca

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Izorline XXX is my go to line. A few years back I tried p-line on one outing and went home and took it all off that same day. I have been using xxx since then with no problems at all. I have used from 6# all the way up to 25# and in both fresh and salt water.

Now that most of my reels have braid, I use XXX as a leader with no issues.

Komori

Junior
Junior
It's sounding better and better!

flyfishingfool

Admin
used it once. don't remember the reason why i didn't like it.

Been sticking with p-line fluorocarbon for mine 2lb test needs. i've have no complaints yet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

bassfishing24/7

Old Timer
Old Timer
I use the 10# xxx & i dont really like it since ive been losing a bunch of stuff getting snagged.might bump it up to 12# & try pline or maxima....

Tubinferbass

Senior
Senior
I used n didnt like the stretch. As for mono maxima all the way! Landed 7 n 8 lb lmb on 4 # with np at all as for fluoro I use vicious hands down strongest and most abrasion resistant line I found well worth the try!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

10 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:37 pm

thisfool

Bobber
Bobber
landed a 15lb bat ray in los alamitos bay last year on 4lb izor xxx on a UL set up i fish for blue gill and trout with. favorite line of all time.

tryed p-line dint like it seemed way to weak

tryed maxima its a great line but for $4 more i got 5 times the amount of izor xxx

tryed triline its ok just hold to much memory for me.

http://www.foolsbaitco.com

11 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:15 am

Chomps

Old Timer
Old Timer
X2 on the vicious line I bought the 12lb fluro from the Walmart clearance section so far I'm impressed

12 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:32 am

Docrunner

Junior
Junior
I've used XXX.. no complaints.

But, I've never used 2lb.. I don't know if I could even see 2lb well enough to tie knots! Shocked

13 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:14 pm

SoCalFishKilla

Bobber
Bobber
for some reason i find P-line tends to get alot of "memory" so second trip its like casting a SLINKY.. would rather IZOR!!..
just my opinion..

14 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:15 am

leftcross

Bobber
Bobber
i never used the co polymer but ive tried izorline first string. its a all around good line but alittle too much stretch for my liking. my personal 2 favorite lines is maxima green and andes tournament line.

if you're alittle low on cash andes premium is the best bang for the buck. its a little bit bigger in diameter but all you gotta do is is use the next smallest line that you're used to. for example if 8lb line is your go to, use the 6lb andes premium.

but i prefer andes tournament. its ifga approved so if you catch a record fish, you can report it and hold a world record for the rated line you're using (crossing my fingers!!!).

15 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:19 am

leftcross

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:for some reason i find P-line tends to get alot of "memory" so second trip its like casting a SLINKY.. would rather IZOR!!..
just my opinion..

man i personally hate pline for working plastics.... waaaaay too much stretch. but its great for throwing moving baits like cranks and spinners. its also killer for live bait.

16 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:50 am

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
Yozuri Hybrid takes my vote!

17 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:50 am

Hammer 4

Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yozuri Hybrid takes my vote!

Ditto. Been using Yozuri for years. Thumbs Up

18 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 am

Fisher

Senior
Senior
anyone try sunline heard that was pretty good from a few ppl

19 Re: izorline Co-Polymer- Anyone use this line? on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 am

leftcross

Bobber
Bobber
i been wanting to try yozuri. how is the stretch on it? one of the main reason why i like ande's and maxima is because of its very low stretch.

and i havent tried sunline. that S**t cost a arm and a leg.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum