The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 am

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

» Trolling motors
by Ornery Bob Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » New Tuber Gearing Up

New Tuber Gearing Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Tuber Gearing Up on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:08 pm

atavuss

Bobber
Bobber
Hello everyone, my name is Ed and I am from Central California.
I just got a Outcast Super Fat Cat tube, a set of Force fins, already had Simms waders. I was planning on using a Stohlquist Fisherman Kayak Lifejacket that I use in my kayak, is that a good choice? I still need to get foot wear and a pump.
What do you guys recommend for foot wear? I have Simms wader boots but I suspect they are too heavy and clunky for using in the tube.
What do you guys recommend for air pumps?
I will be using the tube to access small High Sierra lakes that I can't get my other watercraft into.
I fly fish and I also use spinning gear.
I also have a Hobie Pro Angler kayak and a Alumaweld Stryker so I am pretty much covered for all watercraft. Very Happy

2 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 pm

bigmouthbasshole

Bobber
Bobber
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find a lot of good info here.

3 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:18 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Welcome to the forum you are in the right place. Not usre about foot wear but I would go with a cheap double action pump. Just hang tight I am sure someone will post about foot wear and get you dialed in sooner than later.
Again welcome to the forum, we are glad you are here.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

4 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 pm

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
I have these boots and I love them!

5 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Tubinferbass

Senior
Senior
Awesome welcome!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

6 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:53 pm

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Welcome to the boards!

You will be good to go with your kayak life jacket.

For the footwear, the ones that wiseguy recommended are good. If you don't like those you can always look into surfing/windsurfing shoes. I bought some slip on shoes with no zipper. They pretty much look like water shoes and love them. Since you said you're going to be hiking in, you might want to get some shoes with a thicker sole or take regular shoes and switch shoes at the water...

A double action pump is what you want!

7 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:57 am

Renegade

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hello everyone, my name is Ed and I am from Central California.
I just got a Outcast Super Fat Cat tube, a set of Force fins, already had Simms waders. I was planning on using a Stohlquist Fisherman Kayak Lifejacket that I use in my kayak, is that a good choice? I still need to get foot wear and a pump.
What do you guys recommend for foot wear? I have Simms wader boots but I suspect they are too heavy and clunky for using in the tube.
I will be using the tube to access small High Sierra lakes that I can't get my other watercraft into.
I also have a Hobie Pro Angler kayak and a Alumaweld Stryker so I am pretty much covered for all watercraft. Very Happy

Not sure what simms boots you own, but if they fit in your flipper, they are just fine. But, a note, flipper can wear out shoes, so check your shoes often.
The Booties mentioned are great too. But if money is an issue, your wading boots work fine. I prefer the ankle support of my simms boot.

As for pump. An inexpensive double action pump will work, but you will need a little piece of hose to attach to the adapter of the tube or even just push the tubing into the valve.
K-Pump 400 is a great double action pump. A little more money but its size makes it easy to pack with you and you just need the blue cap and press to the valve (kiss).
No adapter needed

8 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am

FishinPhil

Junior
Junior
Double action pump at wally mart cheap! I also carry the hose with me when I am out there just in case I spring a leak I can always use my lungs to add air.

9 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:15 pm

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
I carry this pump on the tube all the time while out on the water. It has saved me and a few fellow tubers a couple of times Shocked . I got mine from Big5 for $5. It's small enough to fit in the pocket in my cumberland tube.

Last edited by wiseguy on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:51 am; edited 2 times in total

10 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
I use wiseguy's pump... Really comes in handy to have one on the water!

11 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:33 pm

MenyoG

Bobber
Bobber
Hey Ed,

I wear my Lotus kayak PFD while in the tube. It works just fine.

My PFD has two pockets in the front so I carry a whistle, my keys, license and cell phone, in a dry pouch, in my pockets.

As far as footwear, I wear cheap water shoes over my stocking foot waders. This has worked for me just fine. Boots would seem to add extra weight to your kick.

Good luck out there.

Manuel

12 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:54 pm

atavuss

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hello everyone, my name is Ed and I am from Central California.

Not sure what simms boots you own, but if they fit in your flipper, they are just fine. But, a note, flipper can wear out shoes, so check your shoes often.
The Booties mentioned are great too. But if money is an issue, your wading boots work fine. I prefer the ankle support of my simms boot.

As for pump. An inexpensive double action pump will work, but you will need a little piece of hose to attach to the adapter of the tube or even just push the tubing into the valve.
K-Pump 400 is a great double action pump. A little more money but its size makes it easy to pack with you and you just need the blue cap and press to the valve (kiss).
No adapter needed

I have the Simms Freestone boots, they are heavy and clunky.......

13 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:24 am

Aquaholic38

Senior
Senior
welcome to this forum bro!! the best spot for serious anglers! lol

http://www.freewebs.com/eduardobibriesca

14 Re: New Tuber Gearing Up on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:57 am

Renegade

Bobber
Bobber

No adapter needed

I have the Simms Freestone boots, they are heavy and clunky.......

Up to you. Force Fins are heavy too, but not noticed in the water. Could try them as you already have them.
In the water everything feels lighter Wink

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum