Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Whats next?

Whats next?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Whats next? on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 pm

roberrt571

Newby
Newby
Due to Saturdays training session,Im a lot more comfortable about the fishing the bays. Ive never fished the bays, so I dont know what I need. For the short term Im going to use a 6ft med spinning rod and a 2000 size reel with 6lb mono on it. I have an extra spool, should I mount some heavier mono or even braid? The bigger problem lies in what should I connect to the end of my line. What kind of lures, plastic, etc should I start collecting to fish the bays and maybe even fresh water. Im looking for help guys, try and give some specifics. Thanks

2 Re: Whats next? on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:00 am

HEADCASE881

Junior
Junior
some big hammers and jig heads 1/4-3/8 or some gulp minnows on a drop shot im not a regular in the bays but thats what i use when i go and i usually hook up freshwater you want some roboworm on a carolina rig i use a size one worm hook i belive this is my go to setup for any new waters and even my home lake even a drop shots been working well just draggin it out there while you thow a crank or something

3 Re: Whats next? on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:05 am

bassfishing24/7

Old Timer
Old Timer
roberrt571 wrote:Due to Saturdays training session,Im a lot more comfortable about the fishing the bays. Ive never fished the bays, so I dont know what I need. For the short term Im going to use a 6ft med spinning rod and a 2000 size reel with 6lb mono on it. I have an extra spool, should I mount some heavier mono or even braid? The bigger problem lies in what should I connect to the end of my line. What kind of lures, plastic, etc should I start collecting to fish the bays and maybe even fresh water. Im looking for help guys, try and give some specifics. Thanks
Hey Robert i been catching quite a variety of Fish in the bays dropshotting 3 inch gulp minnows,u can basically Just drift it On the bottom & twitch it every so ofter.ur Rod & Reel combo sounds fine but i would go up to 8-10 lb line.thats Just what i would perfer.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum