Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone

Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:44 am

Leakytube

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.wmcinc.com

2 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:49 am

Leakytube

Junior
Junior

3 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:18 pm

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
very interesting. looks like something that would work great on the tube without having to wire anything up and carry a bulky and heavy battery.

4 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Leakytube

Junior
Junior
just need waterproof case just in case

5 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:58 pm

bodfish

Junior
Junior

Hey guys,
Hmmmm,... Very interesting, many questions, watched their video, looks like an engineers project. Do not see a lot of fisherman's input. Understand the shape, initially,.. but not sure it is the most efficient. would like to see some tests and reviews., love the concept!

bodfish

6 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Leakytube

Junior
Junior
The technology used within the Deeper fishfinder allows fishermen to see the consoles of a pond bottom, with information being relayed back to the screen of the tablet or smart phone via Bluetooth.

The Deeper Mobile app lets you check air temperature, moon phase, turn on the calendar without the need to turn off the echo-sounder. You can also instantly take a photo of your prized catch, without turning off the application and post it on Facebook or Twitter social networks.

7 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:47 pm

bodfish

Junior
Junior

Thnx leakytube

was wondering more about cone angle, battery life and recharge time, refresh rate, buffer rate and time, interpretive software, (whose?) Bluetooth range, manual adjustability, range and depth limits, scroll speed, Gain, .....

HEE, HEE, ..... just kidding! Don't know what half that S**t means!!

I love the idea, will probably buy one just to have it!! I love my iPhone!!

bodfish

8 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Vagabond

Old Timer
Old Timer
Very interesting kind of reminds me of those hummingbird smart casts, thanks. At $149.00 I'm casting it out on floating nylon cord not fishing line!

9 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:56 am

sonarbp

Junior
Junior
I have used many fish finders in my years of fish and have found that the best fish finder is a rod, reel, line and lure.

Many guys think they need a fish finder to catch the fish but the main reason to have one is to locate structure not fish.

I try and keep it simple while on the tube, don't need a fish finder to catch fish. Thumbs Up

10 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:04 am

Leakytube

Junior
Junior
Works for me I like it simple also Thumbs Up just thought it was cool with Bluetooth and connects to your phone cyclops

11 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 am

Devil Dog

Bobber
Bobber
I bought the first version of the "smartcast" by humminbird and after a few years couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, oh wait cuz after a couple of years it wont work! time to spend some more money, screw that hence why I went to a normal fish finder that now I've had to sell, go figure.

12 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 am

Leakytube

Junior
Junior
lol! did it work good before it broke

13 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:19 pm

waxon67

Senior
Senior
sonarbp wrote:I have used many fish finders in my years of fish and have found that the best fish finder is a rod, reel, line and lure.

Many guys think they need a fish finder to catch the fish but the main reason to have one is to locate structure not fish.

I try and keep it simple while on the tube, don't need a fish finder to catch fish. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Would you say the same for large open water? I agree the FF value is in temp depth and structure and for me the first couple times I fish an area...then except for temp it goes to my memory and I take it from there and leave the FF behind. I can't speak for open water as I have always relied on the captain of the boat I happened to be on at the time.

14 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Vagabond

Old Timer
Old Timer
I agree that smart cast is a cracker jack toy and I wouldn't even clssify it as a fish finder but I use it mostly in the Sierras for depth and changes in lake bottom.

15 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Leakytube

Junior
Junior
Vagabond wrote:I agree that smart cast is a cracker jack toy and I wouldn't even clssify it as a fish finder but I use it mostly in the Sierras for depth and changes in lake bottom.

ok how about a glorified Bobber lol!

16 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Vagabond

Old Timer
Old Timer
Actually on the instructions it says you can use it as a bobber, tie a line to it with bait and troll it till you meter fish then let it sit and wait.

17 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:31 pm

bodfish

Junior
Junior
sonarbp wrote:I have used many fish finders in my years of fish and have found that the best fish finder is a rod, reel, line and lure.

I try and keep it simple while on the tube, don't need a fish finder to catch fish. Thumbs Up

Hey guys,
The above quote is a perspective I would have easily professed a few years ago. But now I must heartily disagree! FISH FINDERS ARE FOR FINDING FISH! The technological improvements of the last ten years have made the sonar scanners of today true fish finding devices. The interpolation of the data, and the vastly improved data gathering systems of the most recent sonar scanners has finally brought the term "fish finder" to true fruition.

In short,... Fish finders do find fish!

That being said, to me, "fish finders" are a tool for time management, as they provide you with a means of quickly eliminating low percentage water and allow you to focus and maximize your fishing time. The fish finders of today are a direct result of the time intensive fishing behaviors of top end competitive (tournament) fishing where every minute wasted searching for fish is money and standing lost.

I agree that the best fish finder is a rod, reel, line, and a lure, but the FASTEST fish finder is a good meter!

I agree that locating structure, to locate fish, USED to be the scanners' primary function. But now it is secondary at best.

I agree you don't need a fish finder to catch fish. I just think that a finder will help you waste less time looking for them.

I do think you need a fish finder in a toob! Because of the limited range and mobility of a toob, time wasted looking for fish with your rod and dead reckoning is even more costly!

As a good example of what I am speaking of, check out the career of a young local pro (now national competitor) by the name of Brent Ehlers, who is considered one of the best at "meter fishing". You will learn a lot about how really valuable your electronics can be!

bodfish

born again meter reader!,....Hee Hee!!

PS. ready to donate my old Lowrance X47 meter (battery too!)to whomever needs one. Looking to acquire some new electronics!

18 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:43 am

Leakytube

Junior
Junior
bodfish wrote:

Hey guys,
The above quote is a perspective I would have easily professed a few years ago. But now I must heartily disagree! FISH FINDERS ARE FOR FINDING FISH! The technological improvements of the last ten years have made the sonar scanners of today true fish finding devices. The interpolation of the data, and the vastly improved data gathering systems of the most recent sonar scanners has finally brought the term "fish finder" to true fruition.

In short,... Fish finders do find fish!

That being said, to me, "fish finders" are a tool for time management, as they provide you with a means of quickly eliminating low percentage water and allow you to focus and maximize your fishing time. The fish finders of today are a direct result of the time intensive fishing behaviors of top end competitive (tournament) fishing where every minute wasted searching for fish is money and standing lost.

I agree that the best fish finder is a rod, reel, line, and a lure, but the FASTEST fish finder is a good meter!

I agree that locating structure, to locate fish, USED to be the scanners' primary function. But now it is secondary at best.

I agree you don't need a fish finder to catch fish. I just think that a finder will help you waste less time looking for them.

I do think you need a fish finder in a toob! Because of the limited range and mobility of a toob, time wasted looking for fish with your rod and dead reckoning is even more costly!

As a good example of what I am speaking of, check out the career of a young local pro (now national competitor) by the name of Brent Ehlers, who is considered one of the best at "meter fishing". You will learn a lot about how really valuable your electronics can be!

bodfish

born again meter reader!,....Hee Hee!!

PS. ready to donate my old Lowrance X47 meter (battery too!)to whomever needs one. Looking to acquire some new electronics!

good points Thumbs Up

19 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:00 am

sonarbp

Junior
Junior
waxon67 wrote:Would you say the same for large open water? I agree the FF value is in temp depth and structure and for me the first couple times I fish an area...then except for temp it goes to my memory and I take it from there and leave the FF behind. I can't speak for open water as I have always relied on the captain of the boat I happened to be on at the time.

Waxon, yes and no. The sonar units used in larger fishing boats are far superior and are more accurate that the small recreational users fish finder.

I will use a finder in open water but once again not to find fish but to find structure. Thumbs Up

20 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:31 am

TOJIACK FLOATMAN

Bobber
Bobber
I'm with Bodfish on the cone angle of the transducer as the desription showed the ability to cover 50m of bottom which even at the max 140 ft depth range is pretty wide. Team this with a round floating design that can be tied to a side loop on the gizmo and I see where must be kept on a totally slack line to keep it from rolling too and fro. I have used finders with dual element narrow and wide transducers and this appears to definitely be a wide angle telling me it is best suited for shallow water not to exceede say 30 ft. Team this with up with typical breezy fishing conditions and I see not so good intel feedback from this unit. For taking a peek off of piers, docks, directly off the side of your boat etc. would be handy but as a primary fish finder I would beg off . This does get me thinking of how wireless transducers might be applied though HMMmmmmmmm ,,,,

21 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:54 am

jesusbm562

Junior
Junior
I knoe what im getting on my next paycheck!!! What a Face

22 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:25 am

StCroixFan

Bobber
Bobber
Pretty cool. Thumbs Up Thanks for sharing.

http://fishwithkev.blogspot.com

23 re:Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:29 pm

blues4bill

Bobber
Bobber
Ok, it does appear to be very cool,
but BUYERS BEWARE, two very interesting statements in the video.
1. Lithium Ion Battery lasts a full 6 hrs.?????
2. Tough enough to handle small shocks??

In other words, you'll be putting a
$3-$8 dollar battery in every time you fish for 6 hrs. AND...the first time you whack it up to a post on a pier or hit a rock or a buey, this thing is probably toast!! I'm still
leaning toward a Hummingbird FB 120 or the legacy 130 model. And for anyone who insists Fishfinders are
worthless I can show you quote after quote from Pro Fisherman that when asked what they would not leave home without to go fishing,many say "My electronics" I assume they mean thier Fishfinders. Just sayin,if you want to spend more time "catching" and less time "fishing",use all the technology and tools you can reasonably carry. A strap on Fishing Buddy that runs 15 to 30 hrs.(light on or off) on 6 AA batteries is not too cumbersome at all (in my opinion). I think they weigh less than 7 lbs.

24 Re: Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Fisher

Senior
Senior
these pros that wont leave home without there electronics have $5000 to $10000 electronics and even if u have the best fish finder out there doesnt mean your goin to catch fish it means u have a better chance u still have to use the right bait to get them to bite fish finders and other electronics r just to help u find the fish and where the fish would be nothing more just cus u have a fish finder dont mean you goin to catch more fish iv proven that wrong with ppl iv fished with that had finders

25 re:Cool New Fish Finder for Smartphone on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 pm

blues4bill

Bobber
Bobber
Well, Fisher...I don't really know what point you are trying to make, but it seems like you made my point.
It's fine if you wish to follow a Luddite school of thought, but I get this feeling you seem to think your
bait picking prowess is so keen that you will out fish anyone, with any type of electronics? I don't care what bait you use, if there are no fish in the area and no structure to
hold fish you are not going to catch DIDLEY! And unless you know the body
of water you are fishing on like the palm of your hand, a Fish Finder is invaluable because it shows you,depth,structure,temp,FISH,and many things the naked eye can't see.
What is your problem with that? I've seen you pop up with this superiority
instinctual fishing attitude anytime someone tries to discuss fishfinders and I for one am getting tired of hearing it. Many of us either use or want to use technology,so..if that is alright with you,please leave us alone to our devices!! And you are welcome to come join us and "outfish us" at any time or place you please.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum