Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Float tube anchor?

Float tube anchor?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Float tube anchor? on Thu May 24, 2012 10:08 am

biggamefish

Bobber
Bobber
Anyone here uses float tube anchor to keep stable?
I get drag around when the wind hits and it sucks, dragging me away from my fish holes.

let me know which one have served you well, thanks.

2 Re: Float tube anchor? on Thu May 24, 2012 10:11 am

MASSfisher

Old Timer
Old Timer
I think we've talked about this awhile ago. I've never used one but i know they sell anchors made for float tubes. Depending on what type of fishing you are doing I believe you are better off tying up to something (safety first, of course) or using some type of a drift anchor.

http://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3 Re: Float tube anchor? on Thu May 24, 2012 11:56 am

Docrunner

Junior
Junior
Waxon gave me this great tip.

I use rope tied to a segment of thick link chain. I think a 2ft length is a little more than 2 lbs. I have TWO of these, 1 in each pocket. I usually only drop 1 anchor, but sometimes the current or wind will cause me to drift in a circle around my anchor, so if I really want to stay put, I'll drop an anchor on each side. I can pull it up and just rest the chain in my strip apron and kick to a new location.

This option is also much cheaper than buying those 2 or 3lb grapnel anchors made for kayaks and float tubes, and I think it is way more compact and storable.

4 Re: Float tube anchor? on Thu May 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Tubinferbass

Senior
Senior
lol! we dont need no stinkin anchors lol!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

5 Re: Float tube anchor? on Thu May 24, 2012 12:43 pm

monkeee2002

Bobber
Bobber
I saw a pretty good idea for an anchor somewhere online... They carried a mesh bag - similar to a laundry bag- and threw in a couple of rocks at shore for weight. Add a chunk of your favorite rope, and you have a good cheap anchor. They did this to make the anchor more portable in case they had to pack into a fishing hole.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum