Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Flex arm filming

Flex arm filming

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Flex arm filming on Mon May 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Small Water Pro

Newby
Newby
Hi all
Has anyone used the Manfrotto flex arm and clamp to fish film on their float tube? Im thinking about it. Any thoughts?

2 Re: Flex arm filming on Mon May 07, 2012 2:54 pm

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
Never seen one before but I looked it up and looks very sturdy...

3 Re: Flex arm filming on Mon May 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Docrunner

Junior
Junior
I use a monopod camera arm, that has the articulating joints, like the gorillapods. I got it knock-off from Hong Kong on ebay for $5!!
They got here pretty quick, and not bad price. They fit pretty well inside 1/2" PVC with epoxy. I'll take a pic of my carmera arms when I get home tonight. Works well for the GoPro.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's a link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4 Re: Flex arm filming on Tue May 08, 2012 8:37 am

Aquaholic38

Senior
Senior
thanx for the too late tip docruner! I just pay 15 plus S&H Mad I wanna see how you attached it to the PVC pipe. right now im using a wire twisted to the pipe...

http://www.freewebs.com/eduardobibriesca

5 Re: Flex arm filming on Tue May 08, 2012 1:10 pm

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
I'm thinking doc probably cut the suction cup off and inserted the balls down the pipe! LOL lol!

6 Re: Flex arm filming on Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Docrunner

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm thinking doc probably cut the suction cup off and inserted the balls down the pipe! LOL lol!

lol... YEP!! The Bomb

I Dremel'd off the suction cup. Then epoxy'd it into a 1/2 PVC Union joint. For the price, this one is nice, cuz it also includes the little threaded post for camera mount. I have a short camera arm and a longer arm. I have 2 gopro cams. 1 is mounted down low kind of off my left knee. The other is mounted high, off my right shoulder, looking down. It's ok.. but I usually run out of batteries, so mostly I just use 1 cam at a time.

I had a terrible day yesterday, and didn't get home until very late. I'll take some pics tonight and post.

7 Monopod on Tue May 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Small Water Pro

Newby
Newby
I just got one also for $5 from ebay and would also like to see how they are mounted. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum