Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Bighorn vs Togiak

Bighorn vs Togiak

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bighorn vs Togiak on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 pm

roberrt571

Newby
Newby
Hi guys. Im a new member, but a non-tube owner. Ive been reading as much as I can, been lurking here for a while, and doing my home work. It seems Ive settled my mind on either of the subject tubes. Is there a difference between them? What is the seating like? Im going to have to order them so I would like to have some user opinions before I do. Im 6ft 210lbs so my size isnt a problem.

But way in the back of mind there is this idea of just driving out to BassPro and buying one of their White River Lost Lake open front combos. That gives me a tube, fins and a pump. All I would need then is a PFD. Then just take it out to some place like Perris, throw it in the water and figure it out. For beginnings though Ill probably try in out around the nice shallow ares around the sailboat launch area

In advance --- thanks for the help.

2 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

I dont have or ever used either of there tubes so Im not able to help you out. there is a really nice used tube for sale in classfield section you may want to check that out.

3 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 pm

MASSfisher

Old Timer
Old Timer
Not familiar with the Togiag but I used to have the Bighorn....and I kind of miss it.

The Bighorn has a ton of room for storage, and because it has more pockets than some tubes it really allows you to organize your gear. I especially liked the compartment that sits near your upper back. Its not needed at all....not really sure why they had a tube in that section either....i took it out and kept my sweatshirt/rainjacket and other stuff in there.

Hopefully somebody can tell you about the other tube....either way they are both nice and im sure you'll be happy with your decision.

Also, welcome to the site!

http://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

4 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:12 pm

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
I don't have either but Jeff is running a silent auction for a big horn, you might get a killer deal!

5 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

@n2deepfsw wrote:I don't have either but Jeff is running a silent auction for a big horn, you might get a killer deal!

hey thats right, I forgot about that.

6 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:38 am

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
I have a big horn and the togiak is made by classic accessories also the maker of the Cumberland I have a buddy who float the togiak with no problem it will seat you higher out of the water than the big horn and the Cumberland with get you higher than the togiak if I had to choose all over again the Cumberland would be my choice again 350 lbs capacity and stable as a boat the togiak is a smaller version of the Cumberland

7 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 am

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
Also if you want to try them out I have big horn and Cumberland so we can set something up

8 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 am

Aquaholic38

Senior
Senior
i have a togiak, "unlimited trout" i bought it used. i like it but Im a small dude. one thing i like about the togiak is the valves, if it gets alittle low on air, I can blow on it right there. don`t need a pump.

http://www.freewebs.com/eduardobibriesca

9 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:20 am

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
Ed's fleet! Very nice buddy...

10 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:26 am

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ed's fleet! Very nice buddy...

Thanks Thumbs Up

11 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:22 am

roberrt571

Newby
Newby
ed5000x
I am really interested in that tryout offer

Bob

12 Re: Bighorn vs Togiak on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 pm

aluminumkanman

Newby
Newby
Hey Robert wiseguy's brother is selling a cimberland it is in good shape contacft him I have a togiak and if I would have seen this before I bought mine I would have picked it up. Also walmart has the togiak on sale online for 130 you can print out the add and take it to basspro and they will match the price this will save you about 35 bucks. All I would say is shop around for the best deal and the bass pro will match. Good luck maybe I will run into at perris.

13 Tuff as nails and tons of storage on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Small Water Pro

Newby
Newby
We have used Togiak's For 5 years now in some pretty rough Missouri waters and they are well built, tuff as nails. Built pvc frame under seats that get us up out of water xept lower legs. Lots of storage and float so well. Still looking for Mark Headlee as he had the best Float tube video's and he was a Togiak man.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum