Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » What you think ?

What you think ?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: What you think ? on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:32 am

no worries bro no worries

27 Re: What you think ? on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 am

itchybass

Bobber
Bobber
miller wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
miller wrote:daiwa makes awesome reels but there customer service sucks !!!!!!
But then again I think Shimano is starting to follow there foot steps.
For the first time ever I had a bad exeperince with shimano rep.

really? I had a long rod that had a bent guide. I live right down the street from Daiwa HQ here in Cypress, CA. I walked in, the guy said he'll be right back. I figured I'd have to fight or argue when he gets back, since I didn't have a receipt. He went in back, and returned with a brand new lower half rod. I didn't even have to fill out any paperwork. Maybe that's the exception? or just because I walked in to the HQ? Don't know.. What was your experience?

the first time I went there they gave me the run around on a broken rod that was less than month old. 2nd time there on the same new rod they gave me broke but this time it was few months later they gave me the 3rd degree.
I have tried to get parts for my reels and its always a headach. you need part #'s when you call, they wont take walk ins (once in a blue moon they do) and they wont do will call.

Miller, when was the last time you were there? That's not cool about the bad service but I've had nothing but positive experiences with them. They not only do take walk-ins, walk-ins get priority over mailed in items. I know they do will calls too because I just took in and picked up four of my reels for service. Maybe you just got someone on an off day?

28 Re: What you think ? on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 am

@itchybass wrote:
miller wrote:
@Docrunner wrote:
miller wrote:daiwa makes awesome reels but there customer service sucks !!!!!!
But then again I think Shimano is starting to follow there foot steps.
For the first time ever I had a bad exeperince with shimano rep.

really? I had a long rod that had a bent guide. I live right down the street from Daiwa HQ here in Cypress, CA. I walked in, the guy said he'll be right back. I figured I'd have to fight or argue when he gets back, since I didn't have a receipt. He went in back, and returned with a brand new lower half rod. I didn't even have to fill out any paperwork. Maybe that's the exception? or just because I walked in to the HQ? Don't know.. What was your experience?

the first time I went there they gave me the run around on a broken rod that was less than month old. 2nd time there on the same new rod they gave me broke but this time it was few months later they gave me the 3rd degree.
I have tried to get parts for my reels and its always a headach. you need part #'s when you call, they wont take walk ins (once in a blue moon they do) and they wont do will call.

Miller, when was the last time you were there? That's not cool about the bad service but I've had nothing but positive experiences with them. They not only do take walk-ins, walk-ins get priority over mailed in items. I know they do will calls too because I just took in and picked up four of my reels for service. Maybe you just got someone on an off day?

its been along time. maybe I should go and give them another try. sounds like they have better service now.

29 Re: What you think ? on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:41 am

itchybass

Bobber
Bobber
Ya the service is completely different now. They are even in a different building. You used to deal with a service tech that didn't want to deal with any customers. Now they have customer service reps that actually know how to treat customers. They really are much better now.

30 Re: What you think ? on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:44 am

thats cool, I have a spinning reel that i need gears etc for. Sounds like I am going to need to make a trip over there.
Glad there service has change.

31 Re: What you think ? on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 pm

flyfishingfool

Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I dunno, I could never spend 4 to 6 hundred on a reel, unless I was a pro. Most expensive reel I own is my Chronarch from 2 yrs ago...

If you were pro, you wouldn't need to purchase reels. Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

32 Re: What you think ? on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:21 am

Lok Dog

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I dunno, I could never spend 4 to 6 hundred on a reel, unless I was a pro. Most expensive reel I own is my Chronarch from 2 yrs ago...

If you were pro, you wouldn't need to purchase reels. Razz

Ain't that the truth,.. Wink

http://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

33 Re: What you think ? on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 am

wiseguy

Senior
Senior
Those are nice abu reels, but the price is way too high IMO. If your in the market for a nice reel with good looks and good drag that is decently priced, check out the Lew's Tournament Pro Speed Spool. I have nothing but good things to say about this reel. Heck I own all three models!...and yes, 14 lbs of drag! Read the reviews and buy one!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum