The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by GT Today at 10:52 am

by jeffcpr Today at 10:43 am

» Holiday Gift Ideas
by SP Dan Today at 6:58 am

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » I hope I float?! (a lot..) **VIDEO & PICS**

I hope I float?! (a lot..) **VIDEO & PICS**

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I hope I float?! (a lot..) **VIDEO & PICS** on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:47 am

Docrunner

Junior
Junior
Hi all.. been lurking, and posting.. and already I'm up to 100 posts right here!

I figured a formal introduction is in order..

I'm JAY.. I surf fish a lot, especially with my son. I've been thinking of float tubing for awhile, and always see them at LAB, and once even in Seal Beach. I'm sure probably some of you were floating past me and my son, fishing off the sand. I just got my own float tube, a Cumberland, and I'm modifying it as we speak! Love tinkering with stuff.. especially PVC. I also like shooting fishing videos, in general, and with the family.

Here's a video of my son, catching his first-ever halibut. Near the end, he gets a visit from a sea lion and screams like a girl! Funny stuff..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As to what I know about float tube fishing, bassing, lake fishing, etc. ... next to nothin' ! ! !
So please feel free to share your wisdom with me. Thanks. -JAY

Here are a few pics...

In Hawaii.. kanapali [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Camping & fishing at El Capitan, Santa Barbara, CA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My son pulled in this by-catch shovel-nose guitar fish on my long rod, in Oceanside [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Small LBC bat ray.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My PB batray... 54" Shocked [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FISH SEX... ever wonder???

???

??

?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hammer 4

Old Timer
Old Timer
Great Vid !!! Awesome to see youngun's out there fishing, and learning how to do it right.. Thumbs Up

That cartoon drawing is funny..lol

Hope to see you out there soon. Cool

Docrunner

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Great Vid !!! Awesome to see youngun's out there fishing, and learning how to do it right.. Thumbs Up

thanks! yeah, it was a great day. Halibut were jumping out of the water, and birds were diving all over. I wasn't thrilled with how he flung the halibut out there like a frisbee. I talked to him about it later.. didn't want to be a kill-joy over a little youthful over-enthusiasm! Now, he knows to just gently toss or lay it in the water (usually). Cool

Hammer 4

Old Timer
Old Timer
Ahh, we will give him a break on the frisbee type toss..lol

IN2DEEP

Junior
Junior
Good post Jay!
Nothing like time on the water to improve your skills
There's a lot of info out there as never before with the internet at your finger tips
Some of the radio/internet fishing shows are loaded with useful info.
Lots of youtube videos and online articles
I listen to Let's Talk Hook-up religiously and have learned a lot from it
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JMHO, I've found that if you can fish with guys that know more than you, ask questions and try to understand what they are talking about
Be a sponge and absorb the info and then decide if you want to keep using their tactics.
If you disagree, just keep that opinion to yourself so you will keep getting the invites.

waxon67

Senior
Senior
Jay great stuff there! I love to surf fish myself so I would love to got out there with you! Great to see you enjoy time with the young ones and great to see them enthusiastic about the sport!

MASSfisher

Old Timer
Old Timer
Awesome video and pics. Pictures are awesome but years from now watching that video together will be amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

FishinPhil

Junior
Junior
Hi Jay,
great video and pics. I hope to see more in the future. Fishing with your son.... priceless. My son is 23 years old now and he still brings up certain fishing trips we shared when he was young.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum