» Thank you Ornery Bob
by Jerdon Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 pm

» All Small's at the LAB!
by Hollywood1 Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:05 pm

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Island Grissom
by Ornery Bob Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:40 pm

» Leg and foot cramps..not fun
by jeffcpr Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:09 pm

» Wader Skins a new idea what do you think?
by rjb_Skins Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:42 pm

» Laughlin info and tips?
by jeffcpr Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:31 am

» Newbie from So Cal! Hello
by SP Dan Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 pm

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Queensway Bay
by Ornery Bob Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:24 am

» Catch of the Month July 2017
by kobra Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 pm

» Ohio not well repped I see?
by Ornery Bob Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:16 am

» Wetgear Ripfins
by Misfitdog Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » got on the water for the firsdt time

got on the water for the firsdt time

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 got on the water for the firsdt time on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 am

salty fly

Newby
Newby
Well, got the tube wet for the first time yesterday, it was a lot of fun.A few months back, my dad gave me his tube,brand new in the box.He said 'I never even pumped it up,you want it? 'Yes sir' I shot back.So that is the story of how I picked up my new ride.It is a caddis navigator II, It seems to be a ok boat.Now I needed flippers,so I got some at big five, for 25 bucks,I dont need to spend more for something I dont know I will like. Grabed the largest pair,to fit over my stocking foot waders and booties.Went home,did not fit,back to the store to take them back.I live by the beach, so there is a lot of water sports around that need flippers,so I looked at all the thrift shops.I ended up finding float tube fins! They were the same brand as my tube,I was stoked, 4 bucks.cant beat that.The straps looked a little week but whatever, I can beef it up.I went home tried them on, fit ok, with the straps that were on there.Off to the lake I went,a small city lake by my place.The fishing is not all that hot there but there are some bass,good place to get a line wet after work.Got all geared up and hit the water.There were a group of R/C sail boat guys by the dock where I took of from.The day was becoming windy,I have to learn how to use this thing in some wind anyway,so I kicked off with my back to wind.Hoping I could go up wind.I made it out about 10 feet past the boat dock before I stoped dead in my tracks.I was kicking like crazy and hardly moving,these sailboat guys were all watching me.So,I need to get out of here. I kicked and kicked and made it around a small point and in to the willows,where I was away from the wind.It was great out on the water on this thing,it was a blast,it would have been more fun if hooked up though.I have a lot to learn about tubing,Like kicking,turning just getting use to the thing.The straps on my fins suck,they come loose the whole time I was on the water,I am going to put new straps on them.I gonna get this thing rigged before top water starts heating up and get out there and rip some lips.I will post my tube reports.Hope I will get some hogs abord my float tube.My fishing goal this year is to get a double digit fish on the fly rod,almost made it last year.

Tight lines,
Bryan'salty fly'

2 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:17 am

Fisher

Senior
Senior
nice glad u got it wet

3 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:42 am

waxon67

Senior
Senior
Way to go! I have that tube in my fleet.

4 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:44 pm

MASSfisher

Old Timer
Old Timer
Nice...at least you got out there. The wind can be a real b!%&+ sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

5 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Congrats on your 1st putting. Things will get easier for you. Yes the wind can be pain in the a$$

6 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:43 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Well done bro I am sure once you get those small thing fixed you will be a die hard like the rest of us. Hang in there and always have a good time. We will be looking cyclops for your next report.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

7 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:46 pm

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
Wtg!

8 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:45 pm

IN2DEEP

Junior
Junior
Nice!
I'm new to tubing also.
Wasn't sure if it was for me.
Now, I'm craving for the next session.
It's good exercise too!
After a few sessions, you will learn how to move your feet to maneuver about.
I've found that when you need to get to a distant spot, pace yourself and you will eventually get there. Thumbs Up

9 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:31 pm

FishinPhil

Junior
Junior
Congrats on your maiden voyage. I just got my tube the other day (Cumberland) and I am still getting odds and ends together before I go on my maiden voyage. I was just wondering, where is Los Osos? I never heard of this place before.

10 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 am

salty fly

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Congrats on your maiden voyage. I just got my tube the other day (Cumberland) and I am still getting odds and ends together before I go on my maiden voyage. I was just wondering, where is Los Osos? I never heard of this place before.
Los Osos is on the south side of Morro bay, in San luis obispo county,on the central coast.I am going to try to get out this after noon.

11 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 pm

CPT Kirk

Junior
Junior
Nice going Im glad you got out.

http://bassinthehood.com

12 Re: got on the water for the firsdt time on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 pm

jayman

Bobber
Bobber
4 bucks for fins! WHAT! that's awesome! Glad you had a good time. It took fishing to a new level for me. Don't get me wrong, I'd still shore fish just as much. But I've been lucky enough to get a tube, and I love it! Thanks for the post

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum