The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 am

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

» Trolling motors
by Ornery Bob Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » Old Tuber, first time here in my new FC4 deluxe

Old Tuber, first time here in my new FC4 deluxe

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Streak

Newby
Newby
Hi All,
What a great forum with lots of useful information.
I have been tubing for 20 odd years mainly in freshwater.
I recently moved to SoCal and have been having the best time ever tubing the SD bay, lots of fish there.

All these years I have had a Caddis Navigator II which has been superb, literaly a floating lounge chair!
On an outing in the bay a few days ago one of the outer seams let rip. Research indicated the FC4 deluxe as a replacement so I bought one and had my first outing back in the bay yesterday.
Everything was great except with the high seating position you cant rest your arms on the sides. I miss being able to rest my arms on the pontoons of the Navigator (I am a fly fisherman) while stripping line.
I am sure I am just being a wimp and will get used to it but I am going to try and find some kind of foam or inflatable piece to insert along side the pocket to rest my arms on.

I have a lot of bass rod and reels plus jig heads and plastic minnows. Maybe one day I will try that instead of the fly.

Cheers all!!

welcome to the forum.
I had a old caddis tube that was the same way. I was able to rest my arms on the sides. Now I am riding on new outcast and sit 3ft higher. I must say for my type of fishing it was the best thing ever. Now my arms are more free for casting and pitching. Not always hitting the side pockets with my elbos.
I think after you fish few things from it you will be more happy with the setup, just IMO

MASSfisher

Old Timer
Old Timer
Welcome to the site! It took me some time to get used to the FC4 as well but it was worth it. I usually keep a ton of stuff in my pockets so occasionally I get to rest my arms (usually when drifting live bait for halibut or "trolling" from one spot to another).

Never fly fished before but when using my bait caster being high out of the water is a big plus!

http://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
Welcome to the forum.

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
Yes welcome.to the forum and you will start to see better casting and better movement on-the-job water give it a few time out and you will feel right at home on that tube

Tubinferbass

Senior
Senior
Welcome to this great site!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

jeffcpr

Admin
Welcome Streak glad you found us share our site with others.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

Streak

Newby
Newby
Thanks to all of you for your welcomes and words of encouragement.
Hope to see you on the water sometime.

waxon67

Senior
Senior
Howdy!

TheAsianGuy

Old Timer
Old Timer
Welcome Streak!

FishinPhil

Junior
Junior
welcome

Aquaholic38

Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:welcome
yeah welcome streak!!
hey fishingphil, is that a white sea bass? and cought on the kayak on top of that truck? thats awesome!! I`d like to Yak along if you dont mind the company and I`ll share some good sea bass spots I know about as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.freewebs.com/eduardobibriesca

Scion619

Bobber
Bobber
Welcome aboard sir!!! I'm new here myself and just started tubing the sd bay couple weeks ago. Let me know if you want to hook up for some bay fishing

IN2DEEP

Junior
Junior
Welcome!
Add your birthday in your profile so your age will show up
Us "old guys" need some company! Wink

Streak

Newby
Newby
Thanks all.
Scion619 I am always keen to fish the bay.
I just finished a rod tube holder for my FC4.
Next time out I am going to take along my bass rod and reel as well as my fly rod and try may hand at some plastics and crank-baits in the bay.

FishinPhil

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
yeah welcome streak!!
hey fishingphil, is that a white sea bass? and cought on the kayak on top of that truck? thats awesome!! I`d like to Yak along if you dont mind the company and I`ll share some good sea bass spots I know about as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I kayak fished for three years, in the harbor and off of La Jolla. I sold the kayak two years ago when I bought a new car and Thule and Yakima didn't make a rack for it. I do have many memories of white sea bass, yellowtails, a black sea bass (catch and release), a mako shark, and a variety of other species. Float tubing is my new chapter in my life as a fisherman. I just got my step in fins today.

Aquaholic38

Senior
Senior
yeah welcome streak!!
I kayak fished for three years, in the harbor and off of La Jolla. I sold the kayak two years ago when I bought a new car and Thule and Yakima didn't make a rack for it. I do have many memories of white sea bass, yellowtails, a black sea bass (catch and release), a mako shark, and a variety of other species. Float tubing is my new chapter in my life as a fisherman. I just got my step in fins today.
very nice!!

http://www.freewebs.com/eduardobibriesca

Streak

Newby
Newby
So what are we waiting for?
Lets go and tube the bay!!

19 Welcome on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Thumperrr

Newby
Newby
Like you,I've been tubing for 20 years up here in Canada I have 3 tubes,and a new 9 ft pontoon I don't use as often as I should yet.The ice is starting to clear off here,so there's lots of boats out on the hy-ways.Enjoy the forum Very Happy

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
Thumperrr well to the forum and you can start your own post so we all can say whats up but anyway welcome and have fun looking around

Hammer 4

Old Timer
Old Timer
63 here, most of you I'm guessing are way younger, anyway, I love my FC4, just wish I had a tad more storage.

get out on the water, and have fun.. Thumbs Up

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum