The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Log in

I forgot my password



Latest topics

» Thinking of buying a pontoon boat
by jeffcpr Today at 11:32 am

» Sign up for the 2018 Tournament Series
by jeffcpr Today at 9:18 am

» 2018 Float Tube Tournament Series Official Rules
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:08 pm

» Funky waders
by SP Dan Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:05 pm

» Music is your special friend
by jeffcpr Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 pm

» January's Tournament Changes!!
by jeffcpr Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Newport Harbor
by SP Dan Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 am

» Perris Lake
by GT Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 am

» Some stuff I got in trade
by Master Baiter Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 am

» Some pretty Awesome Decorative pieces
by Master Baiter Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 pm

» Welcome to Wader Skins
by Jerdon Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner


You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Share Your Photos & Videos » Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO

Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 am

waxon67

avatar
Senior
Senior
Jokes aside I understood the lipper was better for the fish's witto teefy teef.

27 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:01 am

Guest


Guest
@waxon67 wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Great video guys! Looks like a perfect day in NPH! Ed got a Rubberlip Perch! Sweet! Do me a favor on one thing... ya'll fish like a bunch of ladies! Use your FINGERS and LIP THEM BASS! Stop using them lip grabbers! Be MEN and use your Thumb and Finger and LIP them Spots! Very Happy Sure miss fishing with ya'll. Great video Dano!

LC

Who is this?

Okay... now my feelings are really hurt.. I will leave now.

28 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:11 am

ed5000x

avatar
Senior
Senior
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Great video guys! Looks like a perfect day in NPH! Ed got a Rubberlip Perch! Sweet! Do me a favor on one thing... ya'll fish like a bunch of ladies! Use your FINGERS and LIP THEM BASS! Stop using them lip grabbers! Be MEN and use your Thumb and Finger and LIP them Spots! Very Happy Sure miss fishing with ya'll. Great video Dano!

LC

Who is this?

Okay... now my feelings are really hurt.. I will leave now.
dont leave i just stored your number i know who you are now lol

29 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:44 am

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
Excellent video! Did you use the GoPro with the 16GB card?

30 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 am

waxon67

avatar
Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Great video guys! Looks like a perfect day in NPH! Ed got a Rubberlip Perch! Sweet! Do me a favor on one thing... ya'll fish like a bunch of ladies! Use your FINGERS and LIP THEM BASS! Stop using them lip grabbers! Be MEN and use your Thumb and Finger and LIP them Spots! Very Happy Sure miss fishing with ya'll. Great video Dano!

LC

Who is this?



Okay... now my feelings are really hurt.. I will leave now.
dont leave i just stored your number i know who you are now lol

If you want us to have tough thumbs then you have thick skin!

31 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 am

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Great video guys! Looks like a perfect day in NPH! Ed got a Rubberlip Perch! Sweet! Do me a favor on one thing... ya'll fish like a bunch of ladies! Use your FINGERS and LIP THEM BASS! Stop using them lip grabbers! Be MEN and use your Thumb and Finger and LIP them Spots! Very Happy Sure miss fishing with ya'll. Great video Dano!

LC

Who is this?



Okay... now my feelings are really hurt.. I will leave now.
dont leave i just stored your number i know who you are now lol

If you want us to have tough thumbs then you have thick skin!

Curious. Is the bass teeth that painful to handle? I handle catfish and their unprecedented needle-like prickling teeth, but how are the spotties in comparison?

32 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 pm

TheHegemon


Newby
Newby
I've handled lots of spotties and I don't think lip grippers are necessary at all. Sure, your thumb might get a bit scratched a bit since they tend to flop around when your grab them, but it's really not that bad.

Most of the time there's no need to even touch them, just give the leadhead a couple of shakes and they usually come off clean.

The only fish I ever worry about are those damn lizardfish! green happy

33 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:18 pm

waxon67

avatar
Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Great video guys! Looks like a perfect day in NPH! Ed got a Rubberlip Perch! Sweet! Do me a favor on one thing... ya'll fish like a bunch of ladies! Use your FINGERS and LIP THEM BASS! Stop using them lip grabbers! Be MEN and use your Thumb and Finger and LIP them Spots! Very Happy Sure miss fishing with ya'll. Great video Dano!

LC

Who is this?



Okay... now my feelings are really hurt.. I will leave now.
dont leave i just stored your number i know who you are now lol

If you want us to have tough thumbs then you have thick skin!

Curious. Is the bass teeth that painful to handle? I handle catfish and their unprecedented needle-like prickling teeth, but how are the spotties in comparison?

I think its almost the same. If you put your thumb over the ridge of the mouth its usually not even an issue. But the fish can lose teeth against your thumb and that is what is not good. Grippers have a draw back too.
They can tear through the lower jaw on a fish if it thrashes and I heard not the best way to hold a halibut if it is going to be released. The lower jaw can be damaged or unhinged as the jaw can not support the weight of the fish.

They make a tape to protect yo widdle fumbs anyhoo.

34 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:26 pm

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think its almost the same. If you put your thumb over the ridge of the mouth its usually not even an issue. But the fish can lose teeth against your thumb and that is what is not good. Grippers have a draw back too.
They can tear through the lower jaw on a fish if it thrashes and I heard not the best way to hold a halibut if it is going to be released. The lower jaw can be damaged or unhinged as the jaw can not support the weight of the fish.

They make a tape to protect yo widdle fumbs anyhoo.

lol! Love the tape idea. but truly not needed. I can truly feel for the teeth part of it. Handling catfish for hours can get under your skin. If you have a Harbor Freight store near by, invest in a $5 pair of sheep skin glove. Cut the three, or four, fingers away at the base of the fingers for easy of use in getting to your tackles, baits, and lines. You can leave both the thumb and the index fingers, or just the thumb to handle the teeth.

35 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:39 pm

MASSfisher

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
The teeth aren't that bad but after handling a ton of fish it does start to hurt...especially after lippin the ones with bigger teeth.

I REFUSE to ever tape my fingers or wear gloves....sorry guys but the day i do that is the day I wear a dress to work. Hell, i even lip the halibut I catch....fingers are over rated...you really don't need 10 of them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

36 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:44 pm

n2deepfsw

avatar
Senior
Senior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The teeth aren't that bad but after handling a ton of fish it does start to hurt...especially after lippin the ones with bigger teeth.

I REFUSE to ever tape my fingers or wear gloves....sorry guys but the day i do that is the day I wear a dress to work. Hell, i even lip the halibut I catch....fingers are over rated...you really don't need 10 of them.
X2

37 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:22 pm

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
WUAH?! You're not telling me that you're liping 30"+ halibut barehanded? Dang, those needle teeth hurts like freaking broken glass. I lip the 18" and less, but, got a nice infection when one of them sunk its teeth into my thumb. So, my rule of thumb-safety is, up to 12", no glove, since your skin is thicker than their teeth's puncturing capability. Anything bigger, use the glove.

Just watch those teeth and where you're hauling them out from. High bacteria level will land you into the emergency room for flesh eating bacteria, or bacteria toxin-related illness which entered your blood stream. Not a fun thing to be grounded about. It can be fatal.

38 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 pm

MASSfisher

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
The biggest one ive libbed was a 20lb hali and i wont lie...my thumb did bleed after but thats all.


Haha no im jk no way in hell would i lip one of them. I caught a 24" in October and used a towel to pry its mouth open so i could get my bait back with a pair of pliars and i STILL felt those teeth....razord sharp!

http://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

39 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Dano67

avatar
Moderator
Whatever, I'm using my ripping pliers and tape on my fingers until LC fishes five times with us! I'm doin it for the cause people! Help a brother out people!

40 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:45 pm

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
LOL no one can hammer you Dano. You're playing safe for more fun time under sun. The roughnecks play hard but will end up with less time in the sun than you..

41 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Guest


Guest
@Dano67 wrote:Whatever, I'm using my ripping pliers and tape on my fingers until LC fishes five times with us! I'm doin it for the cause people! Help a brother out people!

tape ?
ripping pliers ?

what are those lol!

I only use the tape when my fingers are all cut up from work. It sucks to get those teeth into an already open cut

42 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:10 pm

IN2DEEP

avatar
Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Very nice Dano!
Looks like a fun place to fish.

What setting on your gopro were you filming on? r2?


It's the ganji mon! Wink
1080 wide!
Thanks bud!
The video quality on vimeo looks great!
So there really is a difference between 720 and 1080 other than the 2x size video file study

43 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Vagabond

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
lol that was great, Ed's perch looked like some scene from that Piranha movie.

44 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Vagabond

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Whatever, I'm using my ripping pliers and tape on my fingers until LC fishes five times with us! I'm doin it for the cause people! Help a brother out people!

Use what ever you want but I catch you using needle nose I'm a call you on it!

45 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 pm

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
So there really is a difference between 720 and 1080 other than the 2x size video file study

For posting on web and DVD making at this time, 720P is more than enough. So, do yourself a favor and record at 720P, giving you more time to record with.

46 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:38 pm

IN2DEEP

avatar
Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
So there really is a difference between 720 and 1080 other than the 2x size video file study

For posting on web and DVD making at this time, 720P is more than enough. So, do yourself a favor and record at 720P, giving you more time to record with.
After seeing Dano's video I'm going to have to disagree at this time
Next time out, I'm going to shoot in 1080 and find out for sure if it's better quality than 720, then decide. Thnx

47 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:59 pm

TheAsianGuy

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:For posting on web and DVD making at this time, 720P is more than enough. So, do yourself a favor and record at 720P, giving you more time to record with.
After seeing Dano's video I'm going to have to disagree at this time
Next time out, I'm going to shoot in 1080 and find out for sure if it's better quality than 720, then decide. Thnx[/quote]

Make sure to record both at 1080P and 720P. When you upload onto servers, most servers will reduce 1080 to 720 to conserve file storage. YouTube and FaceBook will reduce it even further down to 480P. When you go from original 1080, upload it, and reduce the dimension, even when the server claims it runs at 1080 HD, in reality, the resized dimension already brought it down way below 1080. If any one can correct, please do so.

48 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:05 am

Guest


Guest
@IN2DEEP wrote:
@TheAsianGuy wrote:
@IN2DEEP wrote:
So there really is a difference between 720 and 1080 other than the 2x size video file study

For posting on web and DVD making at this time, 720P is more than enough. So, do yourself a favor and record at 720P, giving you more time to record with.
After seeing Dano's video I'm going to have to disagree at this time
Next time out, I'm going to shoot in 1080 and find out for sure if it's better quality than 720, then decide. Thnx

Unless you are viewing the videos in 1080 on an actual HD monitor and or big screen tv, 720 for the web is more than enough. You can not tell any difference at all. Even on a 32" HD TV, between 720 and 1080 is hard to tell the difference. I have explored many times and I stay with 720. 1080 files are large and rendering times are long. I like 720 Smile

49 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 am

Dano67

avatar
Moderator
Vimeo only loads 720. I shot in 1080 but video is loaded as 720.

50 Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:09 pm

LGHT

avatar
Junior
Junior
Nice video. You can upload full 1080 content if you host your own site and have domain space. Takes a while to buffer enough to stream without lags, but if your on a a good 6mb connection it's not that big of a deal.

http://www.socalmeatup.com

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum