Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Creek Company Lightweight Fins?

Creek Company Lightweight Fins?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:07 am

IN2DEEP

Junior
Junior
Any one have or tried them?
Here's the situation...
I'm not sure how easy it's going to be exchanging the Hot Spot fins that my brother is giving me for a larger size. Turner's carries Hot Spot fins and they told me, if I didn't purchase from them, they want nothing to do with them. Made me think twice about shopping there in the future Mad

The Creek Company Lightweight Fins have mostly favorable reviews
I like that they are designed for wading boots and priced right
In the future, when I upgrade, these will become "loaner fins" if I become a 2 float tube owner and invite someone to come join me.
So, I'm wondering if these are good enough for an entry level fin?

2 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:55 am

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
I got some brand new out step in fins that go over boots 30 bucks if you want them I paid 43 dollars I used them once and then got force fins they work great but my force fins are more universal for me

3 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:25 pm

IN2DEEP

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I got some brand new out step in fins that go over boots 30 bucks if you want them I paid 43 dollars I used them once and then got force fins they work great but my force fins are more universal for me
Might be interested in those. Price is right
Are these them?
I will be using the large Cabela's felt soled neoprene wading boots (my guess around size 11) worn over my stocking foot waders
I see mostly positive reviews
Did they lack propulsion as some say in this review?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:55 pm

question, what is your reason for wearing wading boots well you float tube.
Now I have never tubed with boots on but to me it would be much easier on your self with out them. your ankle wont have much movement with boots on in return making you work more for less forword movement.
no boots = more movement with less energy, IMO anyways

I myself have never seen a good pair of fins that will fit a boot.

5 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:03 pm

bodfish

Junior
Junior

Hey MILLER
the only time I have ever needed over-boot fins was when I knew that I was going to have to portage or was going to stop and shore fish during my trip. And yes they can be very fatiguing to use. Otherwise you are right there are no good over-boot fins.

bodfish

6 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:10 pm

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
I wear boots all the time I tried to go without and did not feel good with out them but just me on speed part of it not real sure but I have no problem keep up with any one matter of fact I even tow a couple of newbies to safety even tho there were related to me and if you got to get out a walk some were it easy on the feet personally I can wear boots and be very comfortable in them but I also hear people say they don't like them one we were beach and had to walk to our cars and I am glad o had boots on my buddy was stepping rocks and dropping from the trees but he made it to his car I like the step in fins over the Turbo fins from bass pro and the link you send them in are the one I got so I will drop the price down to 25 and if you don't like them you you don't have to but they but more than welcome to try they out first so let get some lines wet soon
Ed

7 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:14 pm

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
Did a San Diego trip and it lasted about 9 hours I was in the boots and my buddy was with out we both were tried after that and our launch area was off the rock so was glad to be in boots I think you sure try both ways and see what you like best

8 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:29 pm

I never notice that you wear boots ed.
having boots on for when you have to walk is not bad idea at all and infact i have been thinking about getting some of those socks/booties that go over your waders to help save the bottom of wader sock from getting holes in it from walking.

9 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:33 pm

IN2DEEP

Junior
Junior
miller wrote:question, what is your reason for wearing wading boots well you float tube.
Now I have never tubed with boots on but to me it would be much easier on your self with out them. your ankle wont have much movement with boots on in return making you work more for less forword movement.

For myself, from I've been reading, most people wear something over their wader stocking feet to prevent wearing holes in them?
This is what I'm planning to try which I've been using while surf fishing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ed, I'd like to give them a try once I get my tube
Price is definitely right now Basketball
Scott

10 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:34 pm

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
Easy, where sandals to the sand then put your waders on. Done... cheers

11 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:35 pm

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
i have 2 types of waders ones that i pull boots on over and ones that are buit on already i like them both dont seem to bother me at all but like i said i only tried to go with out once and didnt like it my fins even fit over my tennies and i go down the river in them weeee

12 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:36 pm

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
those are simuler to mine slip on one they work great

13 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:37 pm

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
mine are snoobies brand tho go figure i never even heard of those either lol

14 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:43 pm

@IN2DEEP wrote:
miller wrote:question, what is your reason for wearing wading boots well you float tube.

For myself, from I've been reading, most people wear something over their wader stocking feet to prevent wearing holes in them?
This is what I'm planning to try which I've been using while surf fishing

ok, I was thinking of the other wading boots. the ones you lance up.
how flexable are those on the bottom?
with those there, you should be able to find just about anytime of fins to work for you.

15 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:03 pm

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
capt kirk has the laces on his boots and my buit in boots are big to and the step in fins work great on those

like i said lets go fishing and if you like them there your and if dont thats fine to cause as long as we are fishing and getting you all dialed in its all good for me bro i have a few set ups that work for me and i will help out as much as i can to get you setup and ready to go

i got help when i started and now its time to help someone else

16 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:18 pm

bodfish

Junior
Junior

Hey IN2DEEP,
OK here's the skinny on wearing booties over your stocking foot waders.
1) first of all it is to provide some kind of sole for your feet when you are not in the water. Most of us have spent our whole lives in shoes and those times when we don't have a sole over our feet can be painful!
2) they protect your feet and wader stocking feet from puncture and abrasion.
3) they add a layer of protection for your feet from your swim fins at the points of contact. Blister savers!

Here is the problem though, and I am glad you mentioned surf fishing because this situation is a special problem for wearing booties, over waders. Most fresh water fly fisherman are familiar with gravel guards. Gravel guards are essentially an elastic band they wear over the tops of their wading boots where the tops of the boot meet the waders. They are to prevent gravel from getting into your wading shoe between the shoe and your waders, where the gravel and sand becomes trapped and grinds away at your waders. When you wear booties over your stocking foot waders in the surf even with gravel guards on, your boot will fill with sand and begin chewing your waders to bits, usually pulling the welded seams apart. I have ruined many very expensive sets of waders because of this. SO,... I went and bought myself a cheap set of BOOT FOOT breathable waders that are for surf fishing only. Ok ,they are a bit uncomfortable, and clunky, But really, most surf fisherman on this coast rarely wade deeper than their own crotch! There is really no need for it. Besides wading in the surf above that is downright dangerous! Anyways, If you are going to do a lot of surf fishing, ( and by the way Barred surf perch fishing is off the hook right now!) I highly recommend you consider buying a cheap pair of boot foot waders to do it with.

Booties over waders?, Great for tubing or toonin'
Surf fishing? not so much.

just sayin' bodfish

17 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:24 pm

IN2DEEP

Junior
Junior
bodfish, You are absolutely right about the sand in the shoes which gets annoying
I thought that I could have a multi-use waders when I got these last year but will consider a second boot wader
Thanks!

18 Re: Creek Company Lightweight Fins? on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:35 pm

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
i got built in boot for surf fishing my slip on boot are for the tube but i never thought about the sand eat at the booties of the waders thanks bodfish for the heards up

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum