The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 am

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

» Trolling motors
by Ornery Bob Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » New to the forum and to the tube

New to the forum and to the tube

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New to the forum and to the tube on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:42 pm

TheHegemon

Newby
Newby
Hey there!

I just got a tube this past weekend and plan to be using it as often as I can. I was referred here by another member from another forum. Thanks btw LGHT!

From what I've looked through so far, everyone seems really nice and helpful. Hope to see some of you guys on the water soon.

BTW, I'm planning my first outing this Saturday at Lake Perris in the AM. Never been to Perris or float tubin before (I know, I'm a brave man green happy ), anyone got any tips?

2 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:04 pm

MASSfisher

Old Timer
Old Timer
Hey man welcome aboard.

Float tubing is addicting.

And i cant help you with thay location but im sure some people will chime in really soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Tubinferbass

Senior
Senior
Awesome welcome to this great site! Fisher and I will probly be out there saturday, im sure hes up to go. So we can lend a hand if needed. If you have any questions about tubin these are the guys to ask. Great bunch of tubers on this site. Fer bass try anythin shad crank bait, rattle traps..... Nothin bigger then 4" plastic worms like robo worms n greenieweenie, purple fx, n mornin dawn 6" works really well. Drop shot n carolina worhed fer me.

Last edited by Tubinferbass on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

4 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:32 pm

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
Welcome to the forum thehedgemon. I never fished perris but Plenty of guys do, I'm sure they'll chime in soon.

5 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Welcome to the site I am sure your first outing you will have a great time. I am also sure there will be 2 or 3 or 6 guys out at perris to help you out.
I am sure after that trip you will have a smile from ear to ear that will be there till the next trip.
Very happy you found us, have a great time on your first trip be safe tight lines.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

6 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 pm

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
Welcome aboard

7 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:16 am

TheHegemon

Newby
Newby
Wow it seems like I came to the right place.

Thanks everyone for the welcoming!

Tubinferbass, I'm gonna be out there probably around 7. Thanks a lot for the info, any idea where I should launching from?

8 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 am

Kelster

Junior
Junior
Welcome aboard. I fish Perris during the warmer months and tubinferbass and a few others have done pretty good with the fishing out there so far this Autumn. Good group of guys over here.

9 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:03 am

Tubinferbass

Senior
Senior
Were gunna fish from the launch ramp side cant rember lot # ill let you know. Jus go threw main entrance n go to last dock next to sheriffs boats. Gunna be my first time floatin this side allways floated bernisconi rd.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

10 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 am

LGHT

Junior
Junior
Glad you found the spot hedge although I'm not much of a fisherman I just enjoy getting out on the tube. I don't mind shore fishing, but I feel so much more involved when on a tube.

http://www.socalmeatup.com

11 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:21 am

Fisher

Senior
Senior
welcome to this awesome forum u will find alot of help here i fish perris all the time so i can help u out there what u fish for

12 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:28 am

TheHegemon

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:welcome to this awesome forum u will find alot of help here i fish perris all the time so i can help u out there what u fish for

Yeah everyone seems really helpful here!

Well mainly I have been going for Trout/Panfish in the past but would love to catch my first bass. I've been stocking up on a bunch of lures that everyone has suggested.

13 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:34 am

Fisher

Senior
Senior
nice if u want a bass ill get u on one or more ya i might have to go out on sat to get u on one

14 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:01 am

TheHegemon

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:nice if u want a bass ill get u on one or more ya i might have to go out on sat to get u on one

Oh man that would be awesome! If you're down, hit me up via PM so that we can plan the place/time.

I still need to figure out how to get in the water since I haven't even got into my tube yet green happy

15 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 am

Fisher

Senior
Senior
will do and u will prob need some waders if u dont have any yet i would get some water temp has been in low 60s

16 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:19 am

TheHegemon

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:will do and u will prob need some waders if u dont have any yet i would get some water temp has been in low 60s

Yeah, I got all the needed items when I bought the tube. Hopefully the breathable waders are good enough for that weather.

Waders, fins, PFD, rod holders, and I think that's all I needed according to all the places I read.

17 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:34 am

jeffcpr

Admin
You sound like you are ready to go just add water Very Happy

18 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:47 am

Fisher

Senior
Senior
haha yep u just need to get in the water now me and tubin goin out thurs if u can make it we will be there also on sunday i dont no what pfd is tho

19 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 pm

HEADCASE881

Junior
Junior
Personal floataion device ha ha ha we don't even have those what time u going on thurs I got that day off

20 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:55 pm

TheHegemon

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Personal floataion device ha ha ha we don't even have those what time u going on thurs I got that day off

Haha yeah well I read most places require a PFD so I thought I should get one just in case.

Ahh unfortunately weekends are my only days off so most likely will be the only days I can make it out.

21 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:00 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
You are correct most places require them so it is good to have one. It should be on you or at least close enough to put on if something goes wrong.

22 Re: New to the forum and to the tube on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Fisher

Senior
Senior
o ic never been asked about a pfd so never got one but right on ill see u sat then

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum